|Date Opened||4/8/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$1,965.42-$2,538.08 per month|
|Full or Part Time||
On board state employees with the Oklahoma Military Department:
Contact Stephanie Stover via Stephanie.L.Stover.email@example.com or Fax: 405-606-7262.
All other applicants follow online process below.
Position is located at the Regional Training Institute (RTI) in Oklahoma City, OK.
This is a full-time unclassified state position with state retirement and full insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee. The employee receives a benefit allowance to assist with insurance cost. Annual and sick leave accruals of 10 hours per month.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for performing or supervising a variety of unskilled to semi-skilled manual labor and general repair duties, or assisting craft personnel in custodial, housekeeping, grounds maintenance or building trades. This primarily involves performing routine tasks which consist of manual labor or providing assistance to skilled trades and crafts workers in completing skilled tasks or projects.
• Inspects buildings and grounds to identify areas for improvement.
• Responds to work orders in a timely manner and in accordance with OKDE-FMB policies and procedures.
• Maintains entryways, sidewalks and grounds by washing windows, sweeping sidewalks, picking-up trash, cleaning mats, empting trash and cleaning trash cans.
• Landscaping, planting, trimming and maintaining flower beds, bushes, hedges, shrubs and trees.
• Cutting grass, weedeating, edging and watering.
• Removing snow from sidewalks and parking lots and spreading salt on sidewalks and parking lots during icy conditions.
• Cleaning culverts, drains and ditches. Repairing water and sewer lines.
• Assisting with regular and routine preventative maintenance on all building systems and components to include changing filters, replacing belts, cleaning coils, repairing/replacing flush valves and changing bulbs and ballasts.
• Assisting with various work projects to include carpentry, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and painting work.
• Cleaning, when directed by supervisor, by sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash and cleaning restrooms.
• Moving furniture and equipment when directed by supervisor; mounting bulletin boards and other wall hangings.
• Maintaining an accurate inventory of supplies and equipment. Completing necessary logs and reports. Submiting properly completed work orders on time and in accordance with OKDE-FMB policy and procedures.
• Loading and unloading materials, supplies and equipment.
• Developing a clear understanding of customer’s needs and following through with dialogue to ensure communication is understood by both parties.
• Keeping others informed and up-to-date about tasks and projects by providing as much information as necessary for others to resolve common issues or problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the tools, equipment, methods and practices of the general building and mechanical trades. Ability to follow simple oral instructions; skill to use hand tools and high speed power tools; to perform the less skilled aspects of the mechanical and building trades; and to physically perform heavy manual labor.
Education and Experience:
Requirements at this level are 2 years grounds maintenance experience.
Licenses/Certificates required: none
• Applicant must be able to lift/carry a minimum of 40 pounds.
• Applicant must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions (Over 95 Degrees F and below 20 Degrees F).
• Applicant must be able to work from various building heights.
Conditions of Employment:
• Unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable background check
• Contingent on passing a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license
• T1 (an investigation by the Federal Office of Personnel Management to ensure the employee is capable of receiving a security clearance for access to intelligence technology (computer systems), provided by the Federal Government/Department of Defense)
Notes: Position is located at the Regional Training Institute (RTI) in Oklahoma City, OK.
Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel.
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access.
THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
State of Oklahoma properties are smoke-free and vape-free therefore, the use of any and all tobacco products including, but not limited to, cigarettes, pipes, smokeless tobacco, other tobacco products, electronic cigarettes/vaping devices or any other product packaged for smoking or the simulation of smoking (regardless of nicotine content) is prohibited on all State properties.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.