|Department||Construction Industries Board|
|Date Opened||4/8/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Send resumes to:
Construction Industries Board,
Attn: Windy Nunnery,
2401 N.W. 23rd, STE 2F,
Oklahoma City, OK 73107.
Application deadline: April 22, 2021.
CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE REPRESENTATIVE
Beginning Salary: $2,637.64/mo ($31,651.64/year)
Six Month Probationary Increase: $2,776.46/mo ($33,317.52/year)
LOCATION OF WORK:
Construction Industries Board, 2401 N.W. 23rd, STE 2F,
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Responsible for general services and assistance to customers, fiscal responsibilities, for resolving questions and problems concerning certification and/or licensing, and for answers to general agency policies regarding these areas. Responds to requests for publications and forms, analyzes information presented to determine nature of the problem, works with Agency Trade Secretaries to provide advice on laws, policies, and procedures as related to the agency’s business operations, and provides other assistance as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responds to all incoming agency telephone calls (Multiple busy phone lines).
2. Provides exemplary customer service to all walk-in customers, assisting customers with applications, payment, licensing/agency policy questions, advice, etc.
3. Receipts, opens, sorts, and distributes all incoming mail. (Sign for packages, assuring that the CIB has received all packages for which we sign as delivered. Open and stamp mail)
4. Receipts all agency customer funds and licensure applications. (Responsible for receipting and handling large amounts of checks, money orders, and cash). Each complete application is entered into the licensing system, inputting all required information and verifying current information is correct.
5. Prepares copies and returns all incorrect checks, applications, and/or renewal forms (Daily duty).
6. Makes copies of all applications and information for mailing and lobby.
7. Notarize documents.
8. Processes and prepares all out-going applications daily.
9. Processes and prepares all invoices from purchase orders for all trades licensees. Processes all wire transfers.
10. Prepares daily deposit. Runs two totals on all checks/money orders, and cash. Reconciles all checks/money orders, and cash daily receipts to CIB licensing system totals, verifying that all monies receipted are deposited. Verifies that all applications were posted to the correct trade.
11. Assures that CIB daily deposit is given to courier, and that any receipts/mail backs are placed in the safe at the end of the business day.
12. Sorts and distributes receipted renewals, new applications, and all other mail to appropriate division.
13. Assists other administrative staff when duties completed (Apprentice applications, Bonds and Insurance, CEU’s, Electrical journeymen, etc.)
14. Filing of agency paperwork.
15. All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Requires knowledge of current office technologies and basic business communications. Requires ability to follow oral and written instructions, to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, to type accurately, to responsibly manage cash. Ability to read, comprehend, and apply various policies and procedures; to understand various agency laws and rules concerning the business operations of the agency; and to be able to apply laws and rules to individual situations.
Ability is required to handle confidential work with tact and discretion, and to exercise judgment in interpreting and applying rules or policy. Ability to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions, and to organize and present facts and opinions. Ability required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple priorities, and train others to fill in when needed. Requires knowledge of basic research techniques, and current office technologies and business communications. Ability to physically perform job duties including significant sitting and inputting/accessing information via a computer, which could be for extended periods of time, when necessary – walking, standing, grabbing, pushing, pulling, and lifting.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to exercise sound judgment in analyzing situations and in selecting an effective course of action. Ability to organize and conduct several activities simultaneously. Show demonstrated commitment in taking responsibly for and use of good judgment; maintain attention to detail; uphold and practice the code of ethics and employee handbook guidelines; and reasonably determine if a relationship or circumstance would cause a reasonable person with knowledge of the relevant facts to question his or her impartiality in a matter, exercise common sense and good discernment, and take appropriate measures.
High School diploma or equivalent. Two years of office clerical experience including data entry, plus two years of customer service experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic knowledge of relevant software applications including MS Office, email, and internet. Knowledge of office management systems and administrative procedures. Ability to obtain and keep Oklahoma notary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of this position. This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities, qualifications and duties for this positon. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Certain related or relevant experience, training, or education, along with supporting reference checks, may enhance qualifications during the evaluation process.
The Construction Industries Board is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Construction Industries Board to not discriminate against or deny equal employment opportunity to any applicant or employee on the grounds of race, sex, color, age, national origin, genetic information, religion, or disability, so long as the disability does not render the person unable to do the work for which employed. All employees of the Construction Industries Board are “at will” employees. Applicants will not be discriminated against before or during their employment.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.