|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||4/7/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
If you would like to apply for the RN position, please utilize one of the options below.
Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs – Claremore
3001 W Blue Starr Dr.
Claremore, OK 74017
Sara May, HR Manager
Phone: 918-342-5432 x295
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 988
Claremore, OK 74018
RN Nurse Manager
OK Department of Veterans Affairs
Annual Salary: $60,311.69
Positions are assigned responsibilities for performing professional nursing and supervisory functions in a state veterans center. This may include functions such as a shift or house supervisor in a facility, supervision of nursing services in an assigned area or facility, a supervisor of a program specialty area, or comparable responsibilities. Employees in this job are responsible for day-to-day clinical operations, staffing of the work area, and evaluation of performance of assigned staff to ensure quality of care, and may cover for higher level nursing management positions in their absence.
The functions performed within these jobs vary, but may include the following:
• Plans, organizes and directs health services for an assigned program, unit, or facility; insures that goals, objectives and work performed are consistent with standards and that quality care is provided to patients and clients.
• Selects, mentors, motivates and directs development and evaluation of the staff; establishes and tracks quality improvement indicators and other information concerning services and care to insure that resources are available to provide quality services and on-time performance consistent with standards; may devise health related educational programs for professional and non-professional staff.
• Participates, consults and collaborates in the development of long-range plans for health care programs; may interpret and communicate agency and departmental policies and procedures; establishes areas of responsibility and assignment; develops or implements policies and procedures to insure efficient and effective delivery of health services.
• Receives, analyzes and evaluates reports and other information and coordinates quality improvement activities concerning the care of patients, equipment, environmental health and safety conditions, and other related services in improving the quality and utilization of health care.
• Develops budget estimates or other information concerning financial requirements; approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to insure compliance with budget guidelines and effective delivery of services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
required for this job consist of knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of expense control, and purchasing procedures; of the philosophy and objectives of the nursing department; and of the principles and practices of effective supervision. Ability is required to direct, motivate and evaluate staff; to coach and mentor staff and utilize progressive discipline procedures; to plan and implement programs; to develop controls to monitor effectiveness of programs; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience
requirements consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and at least three years of professional nursing experience as a registered nurse, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity, or a bachelor’s degree in nursing and two years of professional nursing experience as a registered nurse, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity, or a master’s degree and one year of professional nursing experience as a registered nurse in a supervisory capacity.
As an employer of the State of Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs is able to offer the following:
• Benefit allowance to off-set insurance costs
• Flexible spending
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days paid vacation
• 15 days paid sick leave
• Retirement savings plan with generous company match
• Longevity bonus for years of service
• Tuition assistance
• Competitive salary
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.