|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||4/7/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/12/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Annual salary is $58,405+|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located at Griffin Memorial Hospital in Norman, Oklahoma.
Director of Admissions Community and Customer Relations, 2879
The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) is responsible for providing services to Oklahomans who are affected by mental illness and substance abuse. ODMHSAS strives to provide persistent, incremental improvements in the quality and effectiveness of treatment which results in better recovery for more Oklahomans. Our state-operated facilities are commissioned to provide services that promote consumer empowerment, wellness, recovery, and integration in the community.
Griffin Memorial Hospital (GMH) is located in Norman, Oklahoma, and serves all 77 counties in Oklahoma as the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) treatment center for adults. GMH provides community crisis stabilization and residential treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health and trauma related conditions.
Griffin Memorial Hospital is committed to creating a nonviolent and trauma-informed culture through the seven (7) Sanctuary Commitments. Those Commitments are - Non-Violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Learning, Shared Governance, Open Communication, Social Responsibility, and Commitment to Growth and Change.
About the Position:
Be part of our mission, promoting healthy communities and providing the highest quality care to enhance the well-being of all Oklahomans. Treatment philosophy is trauma-informed, co-occurring, person-centered, and recovery-oriented in nature.
The Director of Admissions, Community and Customer Relations is responsible for providing the successful administrative/clinical operation of Admissions for a twenty four-hour facility in accordance with the standards mandated by CMS, TJC, CFR 42, Title 43A of the Oklahoma Statutes, Oklahoma Administrative Codes (OAC) and ODMHSAS policies and procedures. Incumbent ensures a customer supportive and friendly environment. Identifies addresses and corrects communication and other issues that might be perceived as barriers to service. Initiates, develops, and maintains positive working relationships with referral organizations and others with which the facility has contact.
Typical job responsibilities include:
• Ensuring professional screening, assessment, admission, and referral services are provided to individuals presenting for services (face-to-face, telephone);
• Establishing and maintaining a recovery oriented and trauma informed philosophy and treatment environment; &
• Providing services in a professional and timely manner, making all effort to meet the needs of the individual and limit the stress involved.
• Announcement opens April 7, 2021 and closes May 12, 2021.
• This is a full-time position; 40 hours per week.
• Annual Salary is $58,405+ (Unclassified)
• Primary Working Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• The FLSA Status is Exempt for this Position. The EEO Category is Professional.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree and five (5) years experience in providing professional services including direct care experience in working with people who are experiencing a crisis related to a mental health, substance abuse and /or trauma related issue, two (2) of which shall have been in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
• Must possess a license as an LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LADC, or similar license in the behavioral health field.
• Applicants need the flexibility to work in a high stress environment and adjust work hours as necessary to meet the needs of the people we serve, the facility and agency.
• Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license.
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents. Our benefits include:
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Preplacement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.