|Date Opened||4/7/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/21/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$1,965.42-$2,538.08 per month|
|Full or Part Time||
On board state employees with the Oklahoma Military Department:
Contact Stephanie Stover via Stephanie.L.Stover.firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 405-606-7262.
All other applicants follow online process below.
This position is located at the Camp Gruber Training Center in Braggs, OK.
This is a full-time unclassified state position with state retirement and full insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee. The employee receives a benefit allowance to assist with insurance cost. Annual and sick leave accruals of 10 hours per month.
Responsible for security of and access control to National Guard facilities and compounds in conjunction with the current Force Protection Condition (FPCON) as a Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET) certified Armed Security Officer.
• Controls access to facility by verifying identity and purpose of individuals seeking entrance to installation
• Provide identification check at gate entrance; properly maintain log on all visitors; provide visitor passes for authorized visitors; greet and assist visitors and vendors; keeps proper count of individuals within the installation
• Monitor facility using video camera system, alarms, and personal inspection
• Physically check each door and vault to ensure they are locked, check armory, facility, and out buildings for intruders and check video monitors on regular basis in two hour intervals
• Provide security to the installation to include performing identification checks, and vehicle search. Ensure all personnel present proper identification. Contact National Guard Representative if soldier does not provide proper military identification. Deny entrance to individuals not authorized access
• Perform random vehicle search as warranted by FPCON level and probable cause
• Provide direction and assistance to individuals seeking entrance to the facility and telephone callers, supply information and refer callers to appropriate personnel and departments. Notifies County Sheriff if assistance is warranted
• Prepare documentation, daily log for all incidents and/or security violation or concern
• Maintain a current Armed Security Guard License with the Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET).
• Attend CLEET mandated training per year.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of routine security practices, the ability to follow oral and written instructions; give clear and concise directions; make oral and written reports; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; effectively evaluate emergency situations.
Education and Experience:
Six (6) months of experience in security, law enforcement, and emergency responder work, or direct care of juveniles in a secure residential facility.
Possess a current Armed Security Guard License through the Council on Law Enforcement and Education Training (CLEET).
• Standing for long periods of time
• Work in all weather conditions
• Able to lift minimum of 15 pounds
Conditions of Employment:
• Employment is in the unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable NCIC/OSBI background check
• Contingent on passing pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• T3 (secret) security clearance (eligibility for national positions shall be granted only to persons who are U.S. citizens)
• Contingent on passing a physical agility test (PAT)
• Contingent on a favorable medical exam
• Contingent upon a satisfactory outcome of the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) test.
• Copy of Armed Security Guard license
• Available to work if called in due to an emergency
• Employee will be considered essential personnel (required to work during inclement “bad” weather)
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license
• Tobacco and Vape free facility
Notes: This position is located at the Camp Gruber Training Center in Braggs, OK.
Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel.
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access.
THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
State of Oklahoma properties are smoke-free and vape-free therefore, the use of any and all tobacco products including, but not limited to, cigarettes, pipes, smokeless tobacco, other tobacco products, electronic cigarettes/vaping devices or any other product packaged for smoking or the simulation of smoking (regardless of nicotine content) is prohibited on all State properties.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.