|Department||Department of Commerce|
|Date Opened||4/7/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/20/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $65,000, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
Qualified applicants must submit a resume, cover letter and a list of reference sources to Human Resources.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
The deadline to apply is Friday, April 20, 2021.
POSITION: Business Recruiter III (Agriculture)
DIVISION: Business Development Division
JOB LOCATION: Oklahoma City
SALARY: $55,000 - $65,000
JOB NUMBER: J-723
The Oklahoma Department of Commerce is the primary economic development entity in the State. Our mission is to help create an environment where economic growth can occur. Our job is to bring jobs, investment, and economic prosperity to the state of Oklahoma. Through dynamic partnerships and innovative collaborations with companies, universities, not-for-profit organizations, and government leaders, we are building a business environment that supports business growth and shared community prosperity.
The Oklahoma Department of Commerce is seeking a full-time Business Recruiter III position. This is a full-time unclassified position in state government. Oklahoma Department of Commerce offers a comprehensive benefits packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit options and allowances, [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $65,000, based on education and experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Works collaboratively with state and local partners to recruit agriculture manufacturing and related companies to the state. Have a good base knowledge of the agriculture industry in Oklahoma. Ability to target and market the state to site location consultants, companies, and other decision-makers outside the state. Participates in the process of identifying and coordinating site locations with the economic development community within the state.
• Proactively recruit new businesses to the State of Oklahoma by developing agriculture industry-specific expertise; developing target lists of site consultants and companies; contacting the most likely candidates for location or expansion.
• Build an in-state network of agriculture sector-specific companies and assets to help collaboratively recruit companies to the state.
• General knowledge will include Quality Jobs profiles, incentive analyses, proposal coordination and preparation, company research, site selection research, state, and local information.
• Plan, coordinate and perform host duties for prospects.
• Coordinate, plan, prepare and participate in events to recruit business to the state.
• Accurately update and maintain division databases with client information to facilitate reporting project status to division members. Prepare and submit comprehensive status and activity reports.
• Must establish networks of potential clients in industry and among site location consultants developed at trade shows, special events, and other networking opportunities. Foster and coordinate critical alliances of Oklahoma resources to assist with recruitment initiatives.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Candidates should possess a comprehensive knowledge of sales techniques; best business practices; community and regional economic development programs and practices; and state and federal government agencies involved in economic development or recruiting.
• General knowledge and skill of Microsoft applications and databases are required.
• Skills and experience in business etiquette, organizing information, writing reports, and presenting material are also required.
• Strong analytical/problem solving and excellent oral/written communication skills are essential.
• Ability to perform effectively in diverse environments in a professional manner.
• Must be effective in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with Commerce and division members, state and community officials, and the economic development community.
• Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, displaying personal initiative and direction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in business, agriculture sciences, or a related field and a minimum of four years of economic development, business, sales, or real estate experience. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Economic Development experience preferred with successful experience recruiting companies into states and localities. CEcD or attendance at Economic Development Institute (EDI) is highly desirable.
Applicants must possess the ability and willingness to perform job-related travel (up to 50% of the time) to meet with companies, consultants, and partners, which often require extended and irregular hours.
The successful candidate must be willing to work the hours needed to get the job done.
The successful candidate must also be able to work in the OKC office when not traveling.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.