|Department||Dept. of Emergency Management & Homeland Security|
|Date Opened||4/7/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/15/2021 1:50:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $45,000 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application along with any required professional licenses and education information.
Come join the exciting world of emergency management! Do you have a desire and a passion to service the citizens of Oklahoma? Come join our team and help your fellow Oklahomans. The Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security (ODEMHS) prepares for, responds to, recovers from, and mitigates against disasters and emergencies. Our agency operates the State Emergency Operations Center which serves as a command center for reporting emergencies and coordinating state response activities.
The ODEMHS is seeking a full time Human Resources Management Specialist providing support to the Human Resources Division. This is an unclassified position in state government located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.. ODEMHS offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $45,000 based on education and experience.
Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, performs a variety of specialized technical human resources functions including; assisting with payroll processing, leave and longevity accounting, time & labor, recruitment; assist with general HR program operations and application of state and federal employment law; provides exceptional customer service and handles confidential matters with tact and discretion; assists with completion of assigned special projects; performs related duties as assigned.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Performs a variety of human resources functions requiring exceptional customer service skills, attention to detail and proper handling of confidential matters.
• Responsible for maintaining/processing/compiling a wide variety of employment data;
• Assist in research of options and formulation of appropriate action in administrative personnel matters.
• Assist in writing & researching procedures to implement departmental policies and strategies;
• Independently researches, assembles and summarizes materials, information, and data for administrative consideration as directed.
• Provides assistance with payroll processing, leave & longevity accounting, time & labor, recruitment;
• Prepares routine correspondence and forms; enters appropriate information into computer systems including PeopleSoft and BAS;
• Assist with various recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding procedures, including but not limited to; E-Verify, process background checks, process paperwork;
• Provide support in all elements of HR Division Training;
• Assist with general HR program operations and special projects;
• Assists employees in enrolling in various flexible benefits under state and federal laws and regulations;
• Maintains confidential human resource and administrative services records; including but not limited to, employee records and filing systems in compliance with agency policy, the OK Department of Libraries Records Disposition Schedule and any other relevant Federal or state laws, rules or regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal, writing, research, planning and organizational skills;
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service while performing assigned duties; to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions; demonstrated ability in handling confidential matters and difficult situations with tact and discretion; proven superior skills in building effective working relations with other employees and the public;
• Possession of strong problem-solving skills; must exhibit commitment to diversity and equality culture; ability to sustain ethical workplace practices.
• Ability to follow instructions; to deal effectively with matters not requiring higher level attention in accordance with agency policies, state and federal employment law; to appropriately judge matters requiring handling by higher authority;
• Properly manage and prioritize assigned workload, handling several projects and tasks simultaneously; to meet timelines and related deadlines.
• Knowledge of the procedures pertaining to handling of confidential data, files and records maintenance, with specific attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to learn and apply computer programs to assigned office functions and to use technology to maximize efficiency and services.
• Complete understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and excellent organizational skills are required;
Education and Experience:
Education and Experience requirements consist of a bachelor’s degree or four years of technical human resources management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
• PHR/SHRM-CP/IPMA-HR CP
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with climate-controlled settings and exposure to mild noise level. This position requires long periods of sitting and daily use of computer and telephone.
Any qualified applicant with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits his/her ability to participate in the application process and desires a reasonable accommodation, must notify Kimberly Hill, ADA Coordinator, at Kimberly.Hill@oem.ok.gov of the need for an accommodation, identify the impairment, and identify the requested accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
The Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.