Quartz Mountain State Park in Lone Wolf, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||4/6/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/20/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,280, plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please indicate the job title and location that you are applying for with Tourism.
Resumes will be accepted until April 20, 2021 at 5PM.
MAINTENANCE REPAIR TECHNICIAN I
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities.
OTRD is seeking a full-time unclassified Maintenance Repair Technician I to provide maintenance repairs at Quartz Mountain State Park in Lone Wolf, OK. OTRD offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $27,280.
Under general supervision, performs semiskilled and skilled task in one or more of the various building trades.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Erects, maintains and repairs various types of buildings, sheds, scaffolds, forms, frames, fences and other structures; alters, repairs, and maintains doors, floors, partitions, stairways, windows, screens and miscellaneous wooden fixtures; fits and glazes glass in windows and doors; maintains and repairs various types of roofs; in the carpentry shop, operates planers, joiners, various power saws, routers and drill presses.
• Installs, maintains and repairs valves, faucets, traps, sinks, wash bowls, water, sewage, gas, air and steam lines; bends, cuts, reams and threads pipe using stocks and dies, power threaders and power saws; cleans and maintains various hand and power tools; installs, maintains and repairs wiring, power appliances, light fixtures, receptacles and switches; replaces light bulbs; utilizes standard and specialized electrical test apparatus such as voltammeters, ammeters and ohmmeters.
• Constructs and maintains concrete and other foundations for building, machinery and equipment; mixes mortar and lays common brick, face brick, cinder block, concrete block and stone; constructs forms and mixes and finishes concrete.
• Prepares new and old surfaces for finished by use of sandpaper, burners, scrapers, brushers and sanding machines; putties, plasters, caulks or otherwise fills and repairs cracks and holes; applies finish by brush, roller or spray gun.
• Operates trucks and other motorized vehicles in the performance of assigned duties; performs minor maintenance on motorized vehicles.
• Cleans and maintains tools and equipment.
• Performs related work as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials and methods utilized in the building trades; and of the hazards and safety precautions of the building trades.
Skill in following oral and written instructions; and in performing building maintenance and repair.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Two (2) years of experience in one or more of the building trades; OR an equivalent combination of education/training and experience in the building trades
In order to operate state-owned vehicles in the performance of regularly assigned duties, the successful applicant must possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license at the time of appointment.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.