Quartz Mountain State Park in Lone Wolf, OK.
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||4/5/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/19/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,344, plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please indicate the job title and location that you are applying for with Tourism.
Resumes will be accepted until April 19, 2021 at 5PM.
Lodge Manager I
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities.
OTRD is seeking a full-time unclassified Lodge Manager I assists with lodge operations at Quartz Mountain State Park in Lone Wolf, OK. OTRD offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $41,344.
Under the general direction of the Park Manager, plans, directs and coordinates the operation and management of lodge and cabin facilities, performs related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Recruits, trains, and coaches’ staff for continuous improvement.
• Prepares employees’ schedules, reviews, and approves timesheets for lodge staff.
• Monitors staff compliance with health, safety, and security policies and procedures.
• Assists customers on the phone and face to face in a professional, courteous, friendly and attentive manner while following internal procedures and requirements to ensure top quality, safe, and efficient guest services with a specific focus on the total guest experience and necessary facility operations.
• Helps to evaluate management and maintenance costs to obtain maximum efficiency and economy of operation.
• Develops contacts with various organizations and solicits conventions, meetings, conferences, parties, banquets, etc.
• Assists in the preparation of annual, monthly, and other special reports; prepares correspondence.
• Performs related work as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Effective management skills; outstanding customer service skills; or the ability to quickly become proficient; excellent oral and written communication skills; good organizational and time management skills and leadership ability; Skill in organizing and planning the work of others; in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED and (4) four years of progressively responsible full-time paid employment in the operation of a hotel, motel, or comparable department.
An equivalent combination of education and experience substituting an additional year of employment or education in an accredited college or university with major course work in the field of hotel and restaurant management, business administration or parks & recreation management, or substituting one year of experience as a department head at a hotel, or motel.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.