Quartz Mountain State Park in Lone Wolf, OK.
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||4/5/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/19/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,008, plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please indicate the job title and location that you are applying for with Tourism.
Resumes will be accepted until April 19, 2021 at 5PM.
LODGE MANAGER II
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities.
OTRD is seeking a full-time unclassified Lodge Manager II to oversee lodge operations at Quartz Mountain Lodge in Lone Wolf, OK. OTRD offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $53,008.
Under direction of the Director of State Parks and other state park management staff, plans, directs and coordinates the operation and management of lodge and cabin and performs related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Plans, directs and coordinates the program, operation and maintenance of the lodge and cabins.
• Supervises and directs department heads in the performance of various operational and maintenance functions.
• Supervises and coordinates the activities of the various departments relative to safety, fiscal, personnel, inventory, maintenance and other operations.
• Evaluates management, maintenance expenses/costs in order to obtain maximum efficiency and economy of operation.
• Develops contacts with various organizations and solicits conventions, meetings, conferences, parties, banquets, etc.
• Supervises preparation of annual, monthly and other special reports; prepares correspondence.
• Performs related work as required and assigned.
• This position requires wearing a uniform, provided by the department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and (5) years experience in the operation of a hotel, motel, or comparable department, two years of which must have included responsibility for the management of a hotel or motel having at least 100 rental units:
an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting an additional year of employment or education in an accredited college or university with major course work in the field of hotel management or business administration; substituting one year of experience as a department head.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.