|Date Opened||4/5/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/10/2021 09:15:00 AM|
|Salary||$90,00.00 – $105,000.00 annually|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
*Indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS TAX SERVICES
Oklahoma Tax Commission – Oklahoma City, OK
Annual Salary: $90,00.00 – $105,000.00
The Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC) is a government agency administering and enforcing state tax laws. We are currently seeking to fill the Director position for the Business Tax Services Division (BTS). The Director of Business Tax Services will play a critical role in directing and administering all programs and operations of the BTS Division.
The Business Tax Services Division provides a diverse set of services to our taxpayers with a focus on business tax review and registrations related to such tax types as sales, cigarette, tobacco, alcohol and motor fuel taxes. Also, the BTS Division reviews and processes tax credits and refunds related to various business tax types.
The responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and level of work performed by the Director of the Business Tax Services. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties and responsibilities.
• Oversees and directs the day-to-day operations of the six sections within the BTS Division:
o Account Analysis; Business Tax Reviews; Cigarette, Alcohol, and Tobacco (CAT); Credits and Refunds; Motor Fuel; and Registration;
• Administers through subordinate managers and supervisors, the professional and technical work of the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
• Serves as a key member of the leadership team in developing business tax strategies, policies and legislation;
• Remains current on the state and federal laws on business taxes, tax reporting, tax research and tax planning;
o Monitors, interprets, and directs the implementation of new legislation that impacts division policies, procedures, and staff resources;
• Determines and implements policies, practices, procedures, priorities and work standards that impact the division, agency and state governmental operations to enhance revenue collections and efficiencies;
• Recommends improvements for internal controls related to business tax matters;
o Implements a measurement-and-review process to ensure business tax controls are functioning as intended;
• Assists the Executive Director with establishing and implementing goals and priorities for the division that are consistent with advancing the agency’s overall mission and vision;
• Develops processes that will enhance the taxpayer experience as well as streamline employee workload while maintaining compliance with filing requirements;
• Division-wide, assists in the development of a structured approached to identifying and eliminating non value added processes and makes recommendations to integrate lean methods into the overall continuous improvement strategy of the division;
• Participates in staff selection; allocates staffing and related resources to achieve maximum revenue recovery.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of:
• A bachelor’s degree, PLUS six (6) years of professional business or public administration experience, INCLUDING three (3) years in a supervisory or administrative capacity;
• OR a master’s degree, PLUS five (5) years of professional business or public administration, INCLUDING three (3) years in a supervisory or administrative capacity;
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOTE: No substitution will be allowed for the required professional experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
Employment with the Oklahoma Tax Commission offers benefits, which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.