|Date Opened||4/5/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/16/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
*Indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
OneLink Business Analyst I - Motor Vehicle Division
The Business Analyst examines and optimizes business processes and interactions with other systems. This position plays a significant role to optimize workflows and systems capabilities to ensure more effective outcomes. The job duties of this position includes conducting organizational studies and evaluations; testing software outcomes; documenting systems and procedures; identifying and managing data sources to generate management reports; conducting work simplification and measurement studies; and preparing operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. The Business Analyst will be responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines for each phase of each project. While the primary focus of this position is to support the Division, it will also act as a liaison between various stakeholders within the IT department and the Division.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary, but may include the following:
• Performs needs assessments on existing business process techniques; alternative delivery systems; information requirements analysis; design techniques, principles, tools and instruments; monitors and reviews information to detect process defects;
• Analyzes needs and product requirements to create improved designs; secures ways to structure or classify multiple pieces of information; works with new information to grasp its implications;
• Instructs, coaches, and mentors others to develop objectives and strategies to coordinate work efforts; prepare project/work plans; monitor work progress and prepare project progress reports;
• Conducts information gathering; conveys user perspective to technical people in technical language; uses logic and data to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches;
• Collects and analyzes data for business operational improvements and opportunities;
• Works closely with Developers and the Division to ensure communication is accurate, consistent, and reliable;
• Processes security access requests, manages portal users, and provides security audits/reviews;
• Leads projects and coordinates with other stakeholders to produce favorable business outcomes;
• Monitors system & business processes, tests processes, and recommends improvements;
• Models and verifies the confidentiality, integrity and assurance of business data;
• Ensures consistency, reliability, and quality of all standard reports;
• Defines and documents business change requirements and streamlines business operational models;
• Builds ad-hoc analysis based on requests from the business teams and develops subject matter expertise on assigned problem domains.
COMPLEXITY OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of
o Tools and techniques used for data processing and analysis; Statistical concepts
o Software testing concepts;
o Systems analysis and development;
o Project documentation;
o Requirements gathering, data analysis, and process specification, validation and management practices; Organizational data flows and its use in management decision-making.
• Ability to
o Work independently and to coordinate a wide variety of activities;
o Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
o Interpret and apply policies and procedures;
o Translate IT language into understandable layperson terms to bring a clear understanding of issues and solutions to problems.
• Skills in
o Gathering and analyzing data; planning, coordinating and evaluating the activities of multiple work units;
o Proficient analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities;
o Proficient in systems thinking;
o Adept presentation skills;
o Proven management and organizational skills;
o Microsoft Excel features and applications.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of:
• A bachelor’s degree, with a preference to STEM or other analytical fields.
• OR four years of professional experience in Business Operations, Business Analysis, or a similar, qualified position.
Preference may be given to candidates who have 2 years of experience in OneLink.
Telework may be required based on the needs of the agency, division, and section. If applicable, applicant must be willing and able to BOTH work on-site and telework at an off-site location, generally in the applicant’s home. Applicant must have a secure internet connection and a dedicated telephone (landline) or smart phone device during scheduled working hours.
Employment with the Oklahoma Tax Commission offers benefits, which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.