|Date Opened||4/5/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/19/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
*Indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Assistant Banking Officer - Banking Operations Division
Annual Salary: $52,432.00
The Assistant Banking Officer will be assigned responsibilities involving professional-level banking job duties while working closely with the Banking Manager to ensure all processes and services in the banking section are running efficiently. In this role, the Assistant Banking Officer will perform tasks involving the handling of cash and various payment transactions, the monitoring of inventory, and the reporting and documenting of technical issues. The job duties require a high level of self-motivation and the ability to work independently due to the high degree of technical and administrative freedom to plan, develop, and organize all phases of the work necessary for completion within the provided program guidelines.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary, but may include the following:
• Verifies and process daily cash deposits;
• Processes and balances daily deposits, approves registers, and brings deposits to the bank;
• Balances credit cards, disputes chargebacks, researches outages and adjusts amounts as needed;
• Monitors payment files and notifies proper staff, agency, and/or vendor when files are missing to ensure files are posted timely;
• Logs returned refund check and disbursing to proper division;
• Fills in as backup cashier, maintaining cash register receipts and transaction paperwork for each taxpayer and processes motor vehicle transactions in the Motor Vehicle One Link system;
• Schedules appointments;
• Issues, verifies, and maintains inventory;
• Verifies county returns to ensure inventory totals are correctly recorded and collaborates with counties on discrepancies;
• Assists manager in writing inventory specifications and reviewing bids/contracts;
• Assists in processing documentation for process changes in agency systems; meets and discusses possible system changes; tests scenarios for system changes; prepares and updates procedures for banking section;
• Performs all other related duties and/or projects assigned to meet the needs of the agency.
COMPLEXITY OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of
o General accounting principles and workings of the banking systems;
o Modern office methods and procedures, including computer technology related to accounting systems;
o Financial statements and reports;
o Accounting ledgers and journals;
o Computer technology related to accounting systems;
o Principles and practices of financial record keeping, audits, and accounting functions.
• Ability is required to
o Display problem-solving skill under stressful conditions and deadlines;
o Communicate professionally with others, both verbally and in writing;
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships;
o Manage own time and work in a fast-paced environment;
o Review and analyze financial information;
o Maintain routine accounting data in appropriate ledgers and journals;
o Apply accounting practices including computation, reconciliation, and other processes to complete work assignments;
o Prioritize, meet deadlines, and work on multiple assignments simultaneously;
o Work independently as well as part of a team;
o Develop a system of organization;
o Maintain confidential information;
o Acquire new technical skill-sets quickly.
• Skills in
o Exceptional attention to detail;
o Solid time management, problem solving and research skills;
o Strong mathematical and computer skills;
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with an emphasis on Excel;
o Commonly utilized accounting software and tools including databases;
o Technical fluency in commonly used software, applications, programs, and other resources.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of:
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or public administration, or related field;
• PLUS three (3) years of qualifying experience in professional auditing, accounting, or related field;
• OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who have a strong banking background.
Telework opportunity for this position is limited.
Employment with the Oklahoma Tax Commission offers benefits, which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.