|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||4/1/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Annual Salary is $26,208+ / $12.60 hourly plus $1.94 shift differentials.|
|Full or Part Time||
Mental Health Technician I, 2655
The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) is responsible for providing services to Oklahomans who are affected by mental illness and substance abuse. ODMHSAS strives to provide persistent, incremental improvements in the quality and effectiveness of treatment which results in better recovery for more Oklahomans. Our state-operated facilities are commissioned to provide services that promote consumer empowerment, wellness, recovery, and integration in the community.
Griffin Memorial Hospital (GMH) is located in Norman, Oklahoma, and serves all 77 counties in Oklahoma as the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) treatment center for adults. GMH provides community crisis stabilization and residential treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring mental health and trauma related conditions.
Griffin Memorial Hospital is committed to creating a nonviolent and trauma-informed culture through the seven (7) Sanctuary Commitments. Those Commitments are - Non-Violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Learning, Shared Governance, Open Communication, Social Responsibility, and Commitment to Growth and Change.
About the Position:
Make a difference at Griffin Memorial Hospital in Norman, Oklahoma! Under close supervision, this position provides non-professional direct or indirect care for consumers of behavioral health treatment in an inpatient, outpatient or residential care setting. This includes participation in de-escalation activities and assuring that consumers are kept safe. This position acts as a role model for consumers, demonstrating effective problem solving and decision-making skills and will assist in providing recreational and therapeutic activities for the consumer, transporting residents to and from medical appointments, and assuring scheduled programming is carried out.
• Announcement opens April 1, 2021 and closes April 30, 2021.
• This is a full-time, shift position. Shifts are 8 hours in duration.
• Annual Salary is $26,208+ / $12.60 hourly plus $0.43 shift differentials when working evenings/overnights; and $0.75 for weekends.
• Primary Working Hours are 2:30p -11p or 10:30p – 7a.
• The FLSA Status is Non-Exempt for this Position. The EEO Category is Para-Professional.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• No requisite education or experience.
• Possesses a strong commitment to patient well-being and safety and believes that recovery is possible!
• Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 50 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds.
• Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license.
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents.
Our benefits include:
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Preplacement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.