|Date Opened||4/1/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/15/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Cashier I - Business Operations Division
Annual Salary: $41,000.00
This is the basic level of the job family where employees are primarily responsible for accepting tax payments and processing motor vehicle tag renewals as well as other motor vehicle transactions. The cashier is the visible face of the agency and is usually the first one to face the customer.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Handling cash and various payment transactions;
• Maintaining cash register receipts and transaction paperwork for each taxpayer;
• Processing motor vehicle transactions in the MV One Link system;
• Issuing, verifying, and maintaining inventory;
• Scheduling appointments;
• Balancing currency and coin in cash drawers at the end of the shift;
• Other duties as assigned during idle times;
COMPLEXITY OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of
o Modern office methods and procedures, including computer technology related to accounting systems.
• Ability is required to
o To perform mental arithmetic accurately and quickly;
o Provide excellent customer service, even under the most stressful conditions;
o Be discreet and understand the importance of customer confidentiality;
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
o Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
• Skills in
o Strong mathematical and computer skills;
o Exceptional attention to detail
o Excellent verbal communication
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of:
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or public administration, or related field;
• OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who:
• Are proficient in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel;
This position is not eligible for Telework.
Employment with the Oklahoma Tax Commission offers benefits, which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.