A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Security Defense Engineer for Oklahoma CyberCommand. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $85,000 based on education and experience.
This position is a key, client-focused role responsible supporting our Oklahoma CyberCommand program. Oklahoma CyberCommand Security Defense Engineers should be passionate about customer service, blue team activities, defense-in-depth and cybersecurity technologies as well as eager to make a difference in the cybersecurity industry. This position will be charged to identify defensive solutions for systems, designing controls for new projects, ensuring the successful completion of projects and acting as an escalation point for issues from the CyberCommand Operations teams.
Oklahoma CyberCommand unifies the direction of cyberspace operations, strengthens Oklahoma’s cyberspace capabilities and integrates and bolsters Oklahoma’s cyber expertise. Oklahoma CyberCommand Security Defense Engineers are assigned responsibilities for designing and implementing leading defensive strategies and practices to protect the state’s information assets.
• Provide security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of infrastructure and data systems;
• Validate system security requirements, definitions and analysis;
• Recommend and design statewide security standards;
• Coordinate and support information security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines;
• Research and stay current on the latest information security technologies;
• Oversee specific technology solutions, develop associated product roadmaps and solve issues escalated from Operations teams;
• Partner with industry leaders to provide world-class information security services;
• Participate in Blue Team exercises and offer recommendations for improvement;
• Work closely with other service teams and agencies to resolve technical faults; and,
• Analyze industry trends, recommend improvements, draft reports and implement changes.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required. Due to the nature of incident response and investigative work, this position will be expected to be responsive outside normal office hours and will require some nights/weekends.
Requirements include Security+ certification and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university and six years of information security experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in computer science or management information systems course work for each year of the required experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
• Industry recognized certification (CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.)
• 3+ years of experience in utilizing security-relevant tools, systems, and applications (SMG, IPS, Proxy, CASB, Encryption, PAM, MFA/SSO, etc.)
• PowerShell, Bash, Python scripting, and coding abilities.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.