Lake Wister State Park in Wister, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||3/31/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/14/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,600, plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job title and location that you are applying for with Tourism.
Resumes will be accepted until April 14, 2021 at 5PM.
Front Desk Manager
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities.
OTRD is seeking a full-time unclassified Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support for Lake Wister State Park in Wister, OK. OTRD offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $32,600.
Under general direction of the Park Manager, plans, directs, and coordinates the operation of a cabin operation.
EXAMPLES OF WORKED PERFORMED:
• Trains, supervises, and evaluates subordinate staff in all aspects of housekeeping, reservations, and rental functions.
• Manages gift shop operation including selection of merchandize for the gift shop.
• Maintains inventory or other records; purchases necessary materials; sets up displays; maintains cleanliness of work area; and sells merchandise.
• Develops a total customer satisfaction program including training staff to insure optimum customer service.
• Through proper supervision of staff and through personal audit, ensures that all operational reports and all aspects of cabin operations are done in compliance with state law and departmental policies.
• Ensures that all monies due to the State are collected as required by departmental policy and that all monies and operating funds are handled, accounted for and/or deposited as required.
• Develops a work schedule to insure optimum front desk operation and customer service while keeping overtime to a minimum.
• Schedules and supervises the cabin cleaning operation to ensure that cabins are kept clean and in excellent condition; inspects cabins for cleanliness and determines/reports maintenance needs.
• Attends training seminars dealing with the various aspects of job.
• Performs other related work as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office functions. Knowledge of basic arithmetic and lodging and/or cabin operations accounting and procedures. Ability to deal with the public and resolve problems and complaints.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree and two (2) years of experience in hotel/motel or cabin operations; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.