|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||3/29/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
TEMPORARY PK-5TH GRADE ART TECH TEACHING ARTIST(DANCE,VISUAL ARTS, MUSIC, DRAMA/THEATRE)
OFFICE OF CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION, VARIOUS LOCATIONS STATEWIDE
Teaching Artists (TAs) are experienced local artists who will work with schools to provide monthly hands-on Arts Experiences for PK-5 students and collaborate with classroom teachers to connect Arts Experiences to Fine Arts curriculum. TAs will be trained in high-quality instructional practices, classroom management, and culturally responsive teaching to facilitate high-quality Arts Experiences with students in their classrooms. They will be supported by OSDE Art Tech Specialists. Work performed will take place primarily during the school day.
PLEASE NOTE: These temporary position are funded through a federally awarded grant from the U.S. Department of Education that will expire on September 30, 2025. It is the goal of the Oklahoma State Department of Education to apply for additional funding opportunities as they become available.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Must be at least 21 years old;
• Proof of a high school diploma or GED;
• Must submit a resume with your portfolio and list of references;
• Five years of experience in the art field or currently pursuing a degree or mastery in your art field;
PLEASE NOTE: You must submit a resume with your portfolio to JOBS@SDE.OK.GOV
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Education or related art field. [official transcript(s) required];
• Experience working with students ages 4-12.
• Knowledgeable about at least one artistic discipline (visual arts, dance, drama/theatre, or music) with some experience tutoring, training, or teaching learners;
• Knowledge of or ability to learn about Oklahoma Academic Standards. With initial training and on-going support, align artistic activities to standards;
• Ability to monitor participation of students and, with support and training, ensure student engagement;
• Ability to manage records and commitments. With initial training and on-going support, keep track of school schedules, meetings, and organize instructional materials, supplies, etc;
• Ability to effectively organize one’s own time and complex collaborative projects;
• Ability to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions; organize and present facts and perspectives clearly; follow instructions; effectively conduct all matters in accordance with agency policy; establish effective working relationships with other school staff and faculty; and exercise tact, courtesy and initiative;
• Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, and efficient service through the performance of the prescribed job duties;
• Willingness and ability to exercise job-related travel, in-state. The Oklahoma State Department of Education does not provide an employee vehicle, but does compensate for travel costs;
• Willingness to learn new management skills for small and large student groups.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTION
• OSDE and Art Tech Onboarding (6.5 Hours/April-May);
• Work individually and in team based meetings within a curriculum framework to design Arts Experiences that are responsive to the students they serve. (19 Hours/April-May);
• Facilitate monthly Arts Experiences during the school year (6 Hours/Month);
• Actively plan and prepare for Arts Experiences including set-up and teardown, operate the logistics of Arts Experiences, and manage schedules. (2 Hours/Week);
• Actively communicate with school administration and staff, Arts Specialists, and the Art Tech Project Manager;
• Participate in weekly meetings with Arts Specialists to facilitate growth, receive support, and collaborate and coordinate with fellow Teaching Artists and staff. (1 Hour/Week);
• Meet with assigned classroom teachers to discuss lessons, plan arts experiences, and offer support. (1 Hour/Week);
• Participate in and complete professional development courses designed to increase knowledge of curriculum, lessons, and best practices for working in Oklahoma public schools. (20 hours in June and recurring throughout the school year);
• Participate as part of the school team, engaging, coordinating and collaborating with school staff and faculty when helpful for ensuring arts experiences are effectively implemented.
• Perform related work as required and assigned. (2 Hours/Week).
Local travel is required. Hotel stays are not expected
The work environment consists of field work or telework at home with visits to assigned schools. Given current COVID precautions, the work environment may depend on the district’s COVID policies.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand F Reach Over Shoulder O 10 lbs or less F
Walk F Speak F 11-20 lbs F
Sit F Climb O 21-50 lbs O
Listen F Crawl O 51-100 lbs N
Grasp O Squat or Kneel O Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O Bend O
The Oklahoma Department of Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OSDE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the Hiring Manager. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|