North Fork Correctional Center, Sayre
|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||3/26/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/9/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
North Fork Correctional Center
Salary: $5,357.04 monthly
This is an unclassified position; selections will be made without the use of an interview committee per OP-110235 V.A.
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Unclassified Job Descriptor
CHIEF OF SECURITY
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the overall administration of a correctional security program at a state adult maximum security correctional facility or institution.
• Plans, directs and administers the overall security operations of a correctional facility or institution; supervises and directs the work of subordinate staff.
• Issues directives, periodic memoranda, and other information to subordinate personnel; makes frequent inspections of all units to evaluate efficiency and operations; conducts regular staff meetings to review security operations, explain policies and procedures or discuss security matters.
• Maintains cooperative working relationships with other law enforcement agencies; insures compliance by contractual agencies with departmental rules and regulations.
• Serves as a member of the institution management staff and participates in the formulation of institutional policies and procedures; serves as a duty officer on a rotating basis with responsibilities for the management of the institution.
• Conducts interviews with inmates regarding work assignments, personnel problems and other issues; counsels staff members on corrective discipline procedures.
• Establishes policies and procedures and directs shakedowns in search of contraband and other materials; directs riot control activities, correctional emergency response operations and manhunts for escapees.
• Acts in the capacity of warden or deputy warden in their absence; may be in charge of facility after normal business hours.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Responsible for administering the overall security operations of a maximum-security correctional institution. This will include responsibilities for developing policies and procedures for the control and movement of inmates, insuring that required inspections are completed, establishing riot control and escape response plans and other required procedures. Direction will be provided to shift supervisors or others in developing and implementing appropriate security programs.
Education and Experience:
Statutorily Required: N/A
Five years of experience in correctional or security work for a government agency or private corrections agency, including three years which must have been in a supervisory capacity in a correctional institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substitution the successful completion of thirty semester hours from an accredited college or university, which shall have included six semester hours in any combination of penology, psychology, sociology, social work, law, corrections, counseling, criminology, family relations, guidance or criminal justice, for each year of the required non-supervisory experience, with a maximum substitution of two years.
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
Job Code: 4000 DOC Pay Grade: 12 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5, A, 2 Effective Date: 09-01-2011
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.