|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||3/24/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$54,871.83 annual salary|
|Full or Part Time||
MDS COORDINATOR (RN)
OK Department of Veterans Affairs
Full benefits; Health, Dental, Vision
Positions at this level are assigned responsibilities for performing professional nursing and supervisory functions in a state facility. This position plans and works with multiple departments to conduct and coordinate the development, completion, and as needed updates of the resident assessment and care plan in accordance with state and federal laws and rules and policies of the Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs. This position will monitor and guide the completion of RAI, OBRA and assessments of RAPS and Triggers. Serves as part of the nursing administration team; providing support and back up to the Director of Nursing and/or the Assistant Director of Nursing ensuring that documentation in the center meets Federal and State guidelines. Assists and cooperates with teams during inspection by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and ODVA Peer Review.
• Oversees and evaluates the gathering of information for assessments and care plans
• Schedules and facilitates care plan conferences
• Monitors and guides the completion ofRAI, OBRA assessments, Triggers and RAPS
• Periodically reviews and updates the written policies and procedures on resident assessment (MDS) and care planning with nursing management team
• Transmits completed MDS to appropriate parties on a weekly basis; maintains completed MDS on all residents according to current regulations
• Oversees skilled Medicare documentation and maintains Medicare UR census log
• May attend meetings on falls, Psychotropic Medications, Restraints and Quality Assurance
• Ensures and audits the completion of skin, fall, restraint and psychotropic assessments that may be due with each MDS
• Attend AM medical meetings for updates and possible change of condition
• Assess prospective residents in conjunction with other team members
• Communicates and works closely with the interdisciplinary team
• Provides in-services to the interdisciplinary team on updated MDS information
• Assists with administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports and evaluations
• Participates in the on-call rotation with Nurse Managers
• Develop and maintain an ongoing quality assurance program for the resident assessment and care plans
• Assists as required during on-site inspections made by the Peer Review Team and the Federal USDVA
• Prepare assessment schedules and ensures that assessments and care plans are done accurately, completely and timely
• Tracking acknowledgements after electronic submissions
Knowledge, skills and Abilities
Required at this level consist of knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; the ability to problem solve independently when warranted; demonstrate knowledge of medical practices and procedures as well as laws and regulations; ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to prove care appropriate to the age-related and health needs of the residents served. The ability to organize, prioritize and communicate effectively with residents, their families and all levels of the agency and knowledge of the principles and practices of effective supervision. Should be able to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations and maintain confidentiality; should be accurate, concise, detail-oriented and able to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
Education and Experience:
Requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing. Must have a minimum of three (3) years of professional nursing experience in a hospital or nursing care setting which would include one year in a supervisory capacity and one year experience in MDS(Material Data Set), RAl(Resident Assessment Instrument) process, and resident care plans.
Special Requirements include willing and able to fulfill all job related travel normally associated with this position in addition to being subject to on call duty on a twenty-four hour basis.
Unclassified Code: 2570
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|