|Department||Department of Corrections|
|Date Opened||3/17/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/16/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Lexington Assessment and Reception Center
Salary: $6,316.82 monthly
This is an unclassified position; selections will be made without the use of an interview committee per OP-110235 V.A.
Oklahoma Department of Corrections
Unclassified Job Descriptor
Positions in this job are responsible for directing all operational and administrative activities of correctional facilities for the department.
• Responsible for the overall operational and administrative functions of a correctional facility which includes security and custodial care, classification, food service, health services, physical plant maintenance, inmate programmatic activities, religious activities, education, laundry, mail, canteen, correctional industries, and agri-services.
• Ensures facility compliance with department policies and procedures; participates in the development, implementation and application of department policies and procedures to ensure compliance with statutory and applicable regulatory agencies; responsible for interpretation and application of laws, rules and regulations pertaining to operation of a correctional facility.
• Provides facility operational oversight to ensure all security, administrative, and programmatic functions are being carried out effectively, efficiently, and in accordance with department guidelines.
• Manages the budget, staff, and physical resources for the assigned facility(ies).
• Provides oversight to contract service providers as appropriate; serves on special project committees regarding a variety of department related operations.
• Serves as a public relations contact for the facility as needed/required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of planning, organizing and directing activities of a correctional institution; of theory, techniques and trends in correctional administration, of the principles and practices of administration and management; of public relations methods; and laws concerning incarceration of felons. Knowledge of, and skill in, the use and application of appropriate information technology. Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of others and the operations of a correctional facility; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to establish and maintain effective working relationships, to organize and manage several projects simultaneously; and to analyze complex and security sensitive situations and adopt an appropriate course of action.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and six (6) years of professional level work experience in corrections OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Code: 1176 DOC Pay Grade: 13-15 Statutory Reference: 74 O.S. § 840-5.5 or 5.11 Effective Date: 11-01-2018
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.