|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||3/10/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $70,000.00, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Statistical Analyst providing support to the Dental Health Service Department. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34003589) in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $70,000.00, based on education and experience.
To provide evaluation and data coordination skills, abilities, and knowledge for Dental Health Service. Major duties include the creation of statistical reports for the OK Senior Smiles program and for the statewide Community Water Fluoridation Program.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Develop and create statistical and data driven documents and reports to be used for program area planning, implementation, and assessment.
• Determine and utilize appropriate statistical methods to evaluate and interpret data.
• Assist with statewide surveillance activities to determine the prevalence of dental disease.
• Participate in groups, such as meetings, coalitions, events, conferences, conventions, webinars, budget discussions and project planning.
• Present written and oral reports suitable for diverse audiences in order to educate and inform about oral health and program activities.
• Create and disseminate oral health materials for stakeholders and the public.
• Work with epidemiologists and evaluators from other service areas.
• Demonstrate exemplary customer service.
• Collaborate with the OSDH Office of Communication to reach public via media platforms to increase awareness of oral health issues.
• Collaborate with the OK Senior Smiles staff regarding engagement, surveillance activities, assessments, data collection and feedback.
• Track community water fluoridation and report data to the CDC.
• Cultivate relationships with Department of Environmental Quality staff, water treatment plant supervisors and local leaders.
• Advocate and promote dental public health programs.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in Public Health (Epi/Biostatistics), analytics, informatics, or related master’s level degree which includes studies in epidemiological and statistical methods and analysis, or a three-year combination of relevant education and related experience. May consider if near completion of relevant master’s program.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Analyst should have a working knowledge of and experience with public health initiatives and dental public health; Computer literacy related to the work including database development and report-generation techniques; Experience with statistical software programs; Advanced knowledge of evaluation techniques; Customer service skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Occasional job-related travel required.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|