|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||3/9/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
If you would like to apply for the LPN position, please utilize one of the options below.
Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs – Claremore
3001 W Blue Starr Dr.
Claremore, OK 74017
Sara May, HR Manager
Phone: 918-342-5432 x295
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 988
Claremore, OK 74018
Licensed Practical Nurse III (LPN III)
OK Department of Veterans Affairs
Annual Salary: $42,853.02
Positions in this job series are assigned responsibilities for supervising and/or performing technical direct and indirect nursing care in an Oklahoma Veterans Center under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse or licensed physician. This includes taking temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, and various other technical nursing tasks in providing health care to patients.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
• Performs nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills, and licensure.
• Participates in the evaluation of responses to interventions.
• Teaches basic nursing skills and related principles. Delegates nursing care tasks such as: taking temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, giving enemas, douches, and sitz baths, collecting specimens, and measuring intake and output.
• Assists in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients.
• Participates in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care.
• Administers medications and medical treatments as ordered.
• Reports appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member.
• Serves as Charge Nurse on a unit, supervising staff performing medication administration and patient care.
The Licensed Practical Nurse job series has three levels that are distinguished based on the level of skill required, responsibility and complexity of specific assignments, and responsibility for providing leadership or supervision to others.
This is the basic LPN where employees perform routine entry-level tasks under close professional supervision and in a training status to build their skills in providing nursing care as a licensed practical nurse.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory, of medical terminology, and of infection control measures. Ability is required to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
As an employer of the State of Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs is able to offer the following:
• Benefit allowance to off-set insurance costs
• Flexible spending
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days paid vacation
• 15 days paid sick leave
• Retirement savings plan with generous company match
• Longevity bonus for years of service
• Tuition assistance
• Competitive salary
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.