|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||3/4/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||up to $64,878 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time PCO Project Coordinator providing support to the Community Development Department. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34000989) in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $64,878 based on education and experience.
This position is responsible for data management and analysis needed to assess access to primary care and the production of statewide primary care needs assessments. This position will provide data and analysis for distribution internally and externally. This position collaborates with the Office of Minority Health and Health Equity, the Office of Tribal Relations, and other HRSA-funded entities to help assure data and program alignment of agency and state strategies with federal priorities.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide complex data research and statistical analysis needed to produce statewide, population, and area-specific primary care needs assessment(s)
• Conducts specific research projects and data requests from HRSA, Office of Tribal Liaison, Office of Minority Health and Health Equity, and other internal and external partners
• Utilizes HRSA Shortage Designation Management System (SDMS) to develop and provide data-driven recommendations for designations as health professional shortage and medically underserved areas to U.S. Health and Human Services and/or Oklahoma Office of Governor;
• Design and produce maps using OSDH GIS
• Coordinates data collection from partners including Office of Tribal Liaison, Office of Minority Health and Health Equity and other internal partners, health professional licensure boards, Medicaid agency, and other federal and external partners
• Participate in research design, data collection and analysis for statewide, local or population primary care needs assessment (s).
• Provides technical assistance via telephone, email, and in person for communities and facilities regarding health professional shortages and barriers to primary care
• Provide Division Director, PCO Director, and internal and external partners with accurate and timely information and health professional shortages, medically underserved areas, and barriers to care
• Tracks activities and prepares reports for recruitment and retention activities as required by HRSA cooperative agreement
• Participates in planning efforts to leverage and expand state assessment and workforce recruitment and retention efforts
Education and Experience
a Bachelor’s degree in health promotion or planning, social science, statistics, or other related field and 3-5 years’ experience in statistical research and analysis or experience in healthcare, social services, public health, public policy, public administration, business, or a closely related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience with research design, data collection and data management. Analytical thinking and strong problem solving. Experience with providing high quality technical assistance and/or customer service. Ability to communicate and build rapport with internal and external partners. Skills with developing efficient and effective processes. Ability to prepare data presentations geared toward a wide variety of audiences. Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping software or Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) helpful.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level, but also includes various public/community establishments used for training classes, presentations, meetings, and other required duties. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to stand, talk, walk, lift, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long periods of sitting and standing and daily use of a computer and phone. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|