|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||3/1/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/2/2021 2:17:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
OFFICE OF DATA INFORMATION SYSTEMS, OLIVER HODGE BUILDING, OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA
Under general direction of the Director of Student Information, the Coordinator will actively assist with collecting, analyzing and reporting education data, as mandated by state and federal program requirements. Support the Data and Information team in organizing and maintaining data, data reports, and related information. Assist Oklahoma Public School personnel in the collection, error resolution, and maintenance of student data as it relates to state and federal data requirements for analysis and reporting.These duties consist of assisting Oklahoma Public School districts via phone and email on a daily basis and using SQL Server Management Studio to write and execute basic ad hoc queries.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associates or bachelor's degree in mathematics, computer science, management information systems, data management, data science, or a similar field that requires math and/or logical reasoning. [official transcript(s) required];
• Customer facing phone and email experience;
• Special Qualification: Programming experience in SQL, and/or other programming language is required.
NOTE: College, business school or vocational education may be substituted for each year of the required experience. [official transcript(s) required].
• Ability to work with and analyze data efficiently;
• Ability to present facts clearly, concisely and objectively;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to lead, take initiative, work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously, paying close attention to detail on many varied tasks;
• Ability to use and interpret technical manuals and publications;
• Familiarity with educational data systems preferred;
• Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient service through the performance of the prescribed job duties;
• Ability to exercise good judgement in analyzing situations and making decisions; to organize and present facts and opinions clearly and concisely; to exercise tact, courtesy and initiative; to adapt to an automated work environment;
• Ability to work with district “customers” to validate and improve data collections;
• Understand ad hoc SQL queries.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Serve as one of the first points of contact for Superintendents and other district personnel seeking assistance with cleaning or interpretating of data collections and reports;
• Assist data analysts and other staff on district and state reports, and other analyses related to state and federal data requirements;
• Communicate with districts and other stakeholders to resolve data needs, facilitate error resolution, and resolve issues with reports or data that OSDE collects;
• Assist in the creation of technical documents and maintainance of document repository;
• Maintain accurate log of issues that need to be escalated to data analysts or other staff;
• Perform related duties as assigned.
No travel required.
General office setting.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand F Reach Over Shoulder O 10 lbs or less F
Walk F Speak F 11-20 lbs F
Sit F Climb O 21-50 lbs O
Listen F Crawl O 51-100 lbs N
Grasp O Squat or Kneel O Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O Bend O
Generous benefit allowance in addition to salary to off-set insurance costs
More information at https://www.ebd.ok.gov
11 Paid Holidays
15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS) participation with all contributions paid by the employer
More information at https://www.ok.gov/TRS
Employee Assistance Program
Longevity Bonus for years of service
The Oklahoma Department of Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OSDE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the Hiring Manager. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.