|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||2/26/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/2/2021 2:16:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
OFFICE OF STATE ASSESSMENTS, OLIVER HODGE BUILDING, OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA
Under direction of the Executive Director of State Assessments, provide assistance to department staff, administrators, and school district staff; perform related work as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Two years of clerical and/or accounting experience;
• Proof of high school graduation or GED.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2-year associates degree or higher;
• Supervisory experience.
NOTE: One year of college, business school or business/office-related vocational education may be substituted for each year of the required experience [official transcript(s) required].
• Ability to lead, take the initiative, work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, paying close attention to detail on many and varied tasks;
• Ability to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions; to organize and present facts and opinions clearly and concisely; to exercise tact, courtesy, and initiative; to adapt to an automated work environment;
• Excellent customer service skills, with an emphasis on phone skills, and the ability to answer a wide variety of assessment-related questions;
• Ability to manage multi-line phones with a heavy volume of calls during peak times; Provide aid to district personnel, teachers, and parents with questions regarding assessments, accountability, and more as needed;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with fellow employees, all school personnel, and the public;
• Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, efficient service through the performance of the prescribed job duties;
• Excellent computer skills including knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Google Drive, and general computer operations;
• Applicants must be willing and able to perform necessary job-related (statewide) travel.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Maintain extensive personal calendar, scheduling and coordinating speaking engagements, conferences, and meetings;
• Make travel arrangements, prepare travel claims, and reimbursements for all office staff;
• Professionally work with venues to organize conferences, trainings, and meetings;
• Maintain and archive records for division;
• Compose and update annual District Test Coordinator listserv on a regular basis as mandated by state law;
• Maintain office supplies and quarterly input requisitions for needed supplies;
• Other requisitions submitted upon an as needed basis;
• Maintain communications log to districts from state and vendors outgoing emails;
• Receive visitors and dispose of inquiries personally or by referral to the appropriate section;
• Independently research, locate, assemble, collate, edit and summarize materials, information, and data for administrative, board, or commission consideration or action; record and transcribe proceedings of meetings and conferences as needed;
• Compose correspondence requiring a thorough knowledge of agency procedures and policies;
• Input and manage printing requests;
• Organize and maintain files and records of a confidential, complex or otherwise sensitive nature;
• Properly maintain and archive business files for the department including purchasing and budget records;
• Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to effectively represent the professional goals of the State Department of Education;
• Perform related work as required and assigned.
0-10% Travel required.
General office setting
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand F Reach Over Shoulder O 10 lbs or less F
Walk F Speak F 11-20 lbs F
Sit F Climb O 21-50 lbs O
Listen F Crawl O 51-100 lbs N
Grasp O Squat or Kneel O Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O Bend O
SALARY RANGE: $30,000-$37,000/YEAR
Generous benefit allowance in addition to salary to off-set insurance costs
More information at https://www.ebd.ok.gov
11 Paid Holidays
15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS) participation with all contributions paid by the employer
More information at https://www.ok.gov/TRS
Employee Assistance Program
Longevity Bonus for years of service
The Oklahoma Department of Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OSDE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the Hiring Manager. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.