A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services is seeking a full time Server Cloud Engineer . This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position will be a key member of our IT Systems engineering team responsible for providing the company with the highest standards in infrastructure and operations management. Your primary responsibility will be to assist in establishing the architecture, engineering, and operations management of the company’s cloud-based infrastructure through collaboration with other teams within the IT organization.
• Designing cloud infrastructure architecture options for the company’s products and corporate systems
• Researching and implementing best practices derived from industry experiences and standards
• Facilitating work effort to define, document, and implement cloud migration plans that take products through milestone architectures to their final, in-cloud architecture
• Further developing subject matter expertise in cloud architecture and technologies to support initiatives across the company
• Ensuring the operational status of our hybrid cloud infrastructure during migration to the cloud infrastructure
• Designing and implementing cloud service solutions to enable easier cloud adoption for product teams
• Managing identity and access management solutions for the qcloud infrastructure
• Refining cloud governance and compliance standards to ensure the security and auditability of the infrastructure platform
• Collaborating with other IT teams to design and develop automation as the main method of managing the cloud infrastructure
• Learning, understanding, and assisting with the operational management of the existing on-premises applications and infrastructure
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Requirements include eight years of progressive systems infrastructure and cloud experience and a bachelor’s degree in computer science; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.