|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||2/25/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $80,236.54 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking full time Nurse Manager III providing support to Creek, Kay, Lincoln, Osage, Noble, Pawnee, and Payne County Health Departments. This is an unclassified position (PIN#34003510) in state government, location determined upon hire. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $80,236.54based on education and experience.
This position has knowledge of professional leadership in a multi-clinic setting. Selects, mentors, motivates and directs development and evaluation of the staff; establishes and tracks quality improvement indicators and other information concerning services.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Leading clinical and home visitation staff.
• Plans, organizes and directs clinical and home visitation services for an assigned program, unit, facility, hospital or geographical area; insures that goals, objectives and work performed are consistent with standards and that quality care is provided to patients and clients.
• Selects, mentors, motivates and directs development and evaluation of the staff; establishes and tracks quality improvement indicators and other information concerning services and care to insure that resources are available to provide quality services and on-time performance consistent with standards; may devise health related educational programs for professional and non-professional staff.
• Participates, consults and collaborates in the development of long-range plans for programs; may interpret and communicate agency and departmental policies and procedures; establishes areas of responsibility and assignment; develops or implements policies and procedures to insure efficient and effective delivery of health services.
• Receives, analyzes and evaluates reports and other information and coordinates quality improvement activities concerning the care of patients, equipment, environmental health and safety conditions, and other related services in improving the quality and utilization of health care.
• Develops budget estimates or other information concerning financial requirements; approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to insure compliance with budget guidelines and effective delivery of services.
Education and Experience:
Requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, or Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and three years of professional nursing experience, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity, or a bachelor’s degree in nursing and two years of professional nursing experience, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity, or a master’s degree and one year of professional nursing experience in a supervisory capacity. Also, requirements are one additional year of professional nursing experience in a managerial or consultative capacity or providing consultation and educational services in a specialized field or program. Master’s degree in nursing, healthcare administration, or a related field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Required at this level consist of knowledge of professional leadership, nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of expense control, and purchasing procedures; of the philosophy and objectives of the health department and community health services; and of the principles and practices of effective supervision. Ability is required to direct, motivate and evaluate staff; to plan and implement programs; to develop controls to monitor effectiveness of programs; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Also, required at this level is the ability to plan and implement an effective health care program, plus knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to the services provided or the programs offered, required to interpret, analyze, and resolve highly complex administrative and personnel problems, and to direct and coordinate the activities of multiple work units and divisions engaged in a broad range of functions. Ability is required to develop an effective training and orientation program for Nurse Manager I or other clinical supervisors.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations.
• Varied activities including driving, sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching.
• Work related travel required. Applicant must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|