|Date Opened||2/25/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/10/2021 08:29:00 AM|
|Salary||Competitive salary based on experience|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit resumes via email to:
Graphic Media Artist
The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Communications Division for a Graphic Media Artist. Competitive salary based on experience. This position is open until filled.
Under general supervision of the Director of Communications, this position is responsible for publications management, website development and public relations campaigns. This includes creating graphics and modifications as may be required to support the business needs of the agency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conceptualize and design communication pieces and materials, working with other members of the Communications Division team to produce highly effective information
• Review literature in all areas of public communication to ensure high design/visual standards
• Implement the creative direction of the website.
• Coordinate daily with other divisions in the department to make updates to website information
• Create graphics and images in support of constant site development and maintenance
• Maintain an understanding of existing and emerging web and presentation technologies
• Manage website registrations for events
• Design logos for products and agency campaigns that fit within our style guide.
• Projects are completed with high quality and on schedule.
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
• Create exciting, engaging, and interactive online experiences
• Proofread and check the quality of the graphic work before they go for final printing
• Create Annual Report
• Troubleshoot issues with the website and payment portal
• Manage equipment used for event presentations and public outreach
• Maintain branding standards for the agency and Insurance Commissioner
• Assist with event management (including attending conferences) and develop visual aspects for all events the department attends
• Photograph each event for documentation and future graphic needs
• Maintain an image library for both photography and graphic elements
• Design social media and email marketing campaigns and deliverables
• Create and develop video and audio presence for the agency
• Coordinate with vendors and oversee production of agency publications
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Prior experience with desktop publishing, graphic design, knowledge of printing processes, knowledge of multimedia applications, strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines are all required. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and work well under time sensitive deadlines. Knowledge of internal computer operations and technology; of functional requirements needed to develop, modify and maintain a website; and of methods to analyze and resolve computer operating systems problems pertaining to the website. Ability to understand and apply appropriate standards depending on the project, target audience, and objectives for the message. Excellent PC based graphic design skills needed. Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, with emphasis on Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Must be creative both in visual design and written word; must have a good eye for color & design. Ability to produce black & white, multi-color and 4-color process jobs. Must be proficient in WordPress.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or a related field plus two (2) years of related qualified professional level experience required. In addition to the minimum qualifications, preference will be given to individuals who have completed at least nine hours of computer science/management information systems course work at an accredited college or university or a comparable vocational or technical education course resulting in certification in computer operations that relates to website development. Preference will be given to applicants with OK.GOV experience.
Must be willing to travel, with occasional overnight stay required. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Human Capital Management benefits page at https://omes.ok.gov/services/employee-benefits
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.