Thunderbird Youth Academy in Pryor, OK
|Date Opened||2/25/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/12/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$2,792.00 per month|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located at Thunderbird Youth Academy in Pryor, OK.
This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee. The employee receives a benefit allowance to assist with insurance cost. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
Tracking cadets and graduates in the Oklahoma Youth ChalleNGe Program (Thunderbird Challenge Program).
• Under supervision of the Program Coordinator; this position will be responsible for tracking cadets and graduates during the residential/post residential placement phase
• During the residential phase, case managers are required to assist cadets with identifying placement goals in the areas of education, military and employment
• The post residential phase requires tracking of graduates and mentors for 12 months after graduation in accordance with National Guard Bureau and Thunderbird Youth Academy guidelines
• Requires good administrative, computer, communication and customer service skills with the ability to compile and produce required reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Military background preferred, but not required
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED
Licenses/Certificates required: None.
• Must be able to lift/carry a minimum of 15 pounds.
• Sitting for long periods of time
Conditions of Employment:
• Employment is in the unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable background check
• Contingent on passing pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• A valid driver license
• FLSA Non-Exempt status
• Tobacco and Vape Free facility
• Able to work flexible hours including one late night per week
• T1/CNACI security clearance (eligibility for national security positions shall be granted only to U.S. citizens)
Notes: Located at Thunderbird Youth Academy in Pryor, OK
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access.
THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
State of Oklahoma properties are smoke-free and vape-free therefore, the use of any and all tobacco products including, but not limited to, cigarettes, pipes, smokeless tobacco, other tobacco products, electronic cigarettes/vaping devices or any other product packaged for smoking or the simulation of smoking (regardless of nicotine content) is prohibited on all State properties.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.