|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||2/23/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2021 3:53:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $58,555.00 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Health Facilities Consultant-Strategic Planner/Compliance Officer (PIN 34002438) providing support to the Long Term Care area in Oklahoma City. This is an unclassified position in state government.OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $58,555.00 based on education and experience.
This position will be the Strategic Planner/Compliance Officer in the Long Term Care Service of Protective Health Services. Under the direction of the Director of Long Term Care Service, the strategic planning officer will serve as an expert agency consultant in the performance of strategic analysis and identification of quality improvement opportunities; consultation on business process assessments and improvements; and consultation on emergency response systems. In performing duties, the position will consult with internal customers, including but not limited to program management; senior leadership; administrative services including human resources, general counsel and motor pool; other agencies including DHS, ODMHSAS, Board of Nursing, and CMS; advisory boards including the Long Term Care Facility Advisory Board; and professional and facility associations.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Consults on the planning, coordinating and processing improvement of Long Term Care survey, enforcement and complaint programs and other entities serviced by the Long Term care Service of the Oklahoma State Department of Health.
• This position will provide expert advice to develop and implement data collection systems for monitoring compliance with federal and state mandated frequencies and performance measures as set forth in the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) State Performance Standards System (SPSS).
• This position will identify, investigate and correct any potential compliance risks associated with Long Term Care, and verify that employees are complying with departmental and internal policies;
• Consults on trend analysis and identify quality improvement opportunities;
• Review and recommend program improvements, including documentation, diagram, and flowchart to determine if program processes are in accordance with management guidelines.
• This position will provide advice to plan, coordinate and perform strategic analysis, business, and operational process assessments; develop short and long term strategic plans.
• This position will consult on Long Term Care emergency preparedness and response activities and serve as Long Term Care Service’s liaison to the Oklahoma State Department of Health’s Situational Room during times of public Health Emergencies.
• Limited supervisory responsibility will be assigned over positions during activation of Long Term Care emergency response plan.
• Duties of this position will require the incumbent to consult in contract development, monitoring and evaluate outcomes to ensure program objectives are being obtained.
• Provide professional business planning and coordinate the Long Term Care Quality Indicator Survey (QIS). Process and serves as the QIS State Lead and consultant for Oklahoma.
• Serve on the ICS Mandates Command as the Operations Sectional Chief and as a member of the Strategic compliance with state and federal mandates and supervise the use of overtime paid to meet such mandates.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and three years of professional supervisory, managerial, consultative or administrative experience in public health, public administration, or business, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of professional experience for each year of required education. No substitution is allowed for the required professional experience. Preference for applicants with experience in state and federal laws and rules
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of strategic planning process elements and requirements for effective results-oriented business planning; knowledge of and ability to interact with, solve problems and communicate results to individuals with diverse backgrounds; ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form; to establish work priorities and work independently; to effectively coordinate detailed planning process involving management staff; to interact effectively with a variety of external and internal partners; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Long Term Care employees, agency staff, federal partners and the public. Required knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point• SAS and/or SAS Viya • Standards and practices associated with large or complex data collection and reporting applications and integrated data management systems• Research techniques for software troubleshooting issues and software diagnostic testing techniques• Interpret and advise agency personnel, staff in health care entities and other end users on rules and laws governing operation of the data system
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Travel may be required.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.