|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||2/22/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/1/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
OFFICE OF TEACHER CERTIFICATION, OLIVER HODGE BUILDING, OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA
Under general direction perform administrative and confidential examination, interpretation, classification, analysis and identification of fingerprints of applicants through manual or automated fingerprint identification systems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Proof of high school graduation or GED required;
• Successful completion of a national criminal history record check;
• Experience dealing with the general public in a one-on-one work environment;
• Intermediate computer skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2-year associates degree or higher preferred [official transcript(s) required]; or three years experience related to criminal justice or fingerprinting.
• Effective oral and written communication skills;
• Computer skills: Word, Excel, email;
• Ability to understand state and federal laws;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, general public, school officials, college/university officials and vendors;
• Applicant must be able to multi-task and be well organized;
• Must be able to stay on task when alone;
• Applicant must keep background check results confidential.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Live-scan fingerprinting of teacher applicants and school employees;
• Fingerprint card scanning;
• Retrieval of fingerprint results from secure email account;
• Updating fingerprint results to online certification system;
• Update and maintain all fingerprint databases;
• Communicate fingerprint policies to educators, school officials and the general public in both orally and in writing;
• Sort mail and input into database;
• Assist the Background Check Coordinator in investigating criminal charges;
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
No travel required.
General office setting
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand F Reach Over Shoulder O 10 lbs or less F
Walk F Speak F 11-20 lbs F
Sit F Climb O 21-50 lbs O
Listen F Crawl O 51-100 lbs N
Grasp O Squat or Kneel O Over 100 lbs N
Reach Outward O Bend O
Generous benefit allowance in addition to salary to off-set insurance costs
More information at https://www.ebd.ok.gov
11 Paid Holidays
15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS) participation with all contributions paid by the employer
More information at https://www.ok.gov/TRS
Employee Assistance Program
Longevity Bonus for years of service
The Oklahoma Department of Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OSDE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description has been reviewed and approved by the Hiring Manager. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.