|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||2/19/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $56,949, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Clinical Social Worker providing support to the county health departments. This is an unclassified position in state government. This position is grant-funded and is subject to funding. The annual salary for this position is up to $56,949, based on education and experience.
This position is responsible for complex and difficult clinical social work services and provides both program delivery and client intervention functions requiring intensive case management activities and extensive professional, diagnostic and treatment activities. Though not exclusively, this position operates as a Maternal and Child Health Social Worker. As such, this individual is expected to promote and prioritize the mission and objectives of the Maternal and Child Health Service to improve the physical and mental health, safety, and well-being of the Oklahoma maternal and child health (MCH) population.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
• Completes entry-level assessments, interventions, and evaluations within the county health department community setting.
• Evaluates the needs of individuals and families with their consideration to their physical health, psychological health, and family structure to develop a treatment plan for the relevant concerns and provide a “warm hand-off” to the appropriate community resources for these identified need(s).
• May provide short-term solution-focused individual therapy to individuals with psychological, medical, neurological, speech/language, and/or developmental problems.
• Provides appropriate referrals within family planning, child health, maternity and other pertinent clinic areas to ensure the client’s needs are being met.
• Serves as a primary resource to social service providers in case of rape, teen pregnancy, and mental health needs.
• Acts as an advocate for the client; supports self-advocacy efforts, and supports client in exercising rights, choices and responsibilities.
• Participates in staff conferences for the purpose of overall program planning.
• Consults with individual and community organizations on the improvement of existing resources.
• Provides education, consultation, and technical assistance to professional staff, community organizations, agencies and other groups.
• Serves as a resource for each clinic site in the region, traveling to each on a regular and as-needed basis to address the community need in each site.
• Work effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Education and Experience
Requirements at this level consist of a master’s degree in social work (MSW) from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and one year of professional social work experience. Candidates who have obtained the license of Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) are preferred, while a candidate at the Licensed Master’s Social Worker (LMSW) level who are under clinical supervision would also receive preference to candidates who are currently unlicensed and not pursuing clinical licensure. Additionally, those with professional social work experience in the maternal and child health area may also receive preference.
Valued Knowledge, skills and abilities
Knowledge of principles and practices of social work; of current social and health problems; of the principles of family health and psychosocial aspects of human relations; of community, state and national health and welfare resources; of psychosocial terminology; of the principles of interviewing; of social assistance requirements; of psychosocial treatment techniques; of casework principles and methods; of systems development and community organizations; of therapeutic treatment; of psychiatric and medical terminology; of human development stages and related dysfunctions; of the principles of clinical interviewing; of effective therapeutic interventions; of social work professional ethics; of technical manuals related to applicable programs; of the minimum standards of practice as they apply to service delivery; of characteristics and social implications of mental and emotional disturbances; and of the principles and practices of effective supervision. Ability is required to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and choosing an appropriate course of action; to make decisions; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; to consult with staff and agencies; to effectively treat health and emotional problems; to apply therapeutic intervention (individual and group) in an inpatient or outpatient setting; to engage clients and families in the problem solving process; to work across program areas in providing the full scope of social work services; and to plan and direct the work of a professional staff.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position is set in an office environment. While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|