Quartz Mountain State Park in Lone Wolf, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||2/17/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/3/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,000, plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job title and location that you are applying for with Tourism.
Resumes will be accepted until March 3, 2021 at 5PM.
SALES COORDINATOR II
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities.
OTRD is seeking a full-time unclassified Sales Coordinator II to generate sales at Quartz Mountain State Park in Lone Wolf, OK. OTRD offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $38,000.
Under general supervision, performs the scheduling and coordinating of all group business at a state park. Generates sales and provides service to group business for the Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department.
EXAMPLE OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Coordinates the scheduling of all group business with reservationists, catering, central office and all concerned parties.
• Directs the functions of a state lodge reservationist desk.
• Prepares and maintains a group file system involving indexing and cross-indexing groups which have booked reservations previously.
• Contacts representatives of corporations, government, associations and non-profit organizations through personal contact, telephone and letter.
• Assigns function sheets to various employees at a state lodge involved with sponsoring a group (i.e., catering personnel, security, recreation, etc.); may with contract private industry if needed.
• Responsible for meeting assigned quotas for dollar revenues generated by group sales.
• Prepares various reports.
• Performs related work as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in hotel/motel managerial functions; of employee and public relations; and of sales and marketing.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other; in expressing ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; in meeting and dealing successfully with the public and groups; and in understanding and following oral and written instructions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Completion of two (2) college courses in the areas of business or public administration, marketing, public relations, hotel/motel management and one (1) year of experience in resort or hotel/motel management; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.