|Department||Commissioners of the Land Office|
|Date Opened||2/17/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/12/2021 4:45:00 PM|
|Salary||$55,000 - $60,000/Annually|
|Full or Part Time||
To be considered, all applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and CLO Application
(found at: https://clo.ok.gov/agency/careers/ to:
Address applications to:
Karen Johnson, Chief Financial Officer
Commissioners of the Land Office
204 N. Robinson, Suite 900, Oklahoma City, OK 73102
This posting closes March 5, 2021 at 4:45 pm.
Note: This position has been opened to outside applicants (non-CLO employees).
The Commissioners of the Land Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is in the Financial Services Division.
Job Title: General Ledger Accountant (unclassified)
Annual Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000 (annually)
The Secretary for the Commissioners of the Land Office (“CLO”) seeks applicants for the position of General Ledger Accountant in the Financial Services Division.
The position reports directly to the Assistant Director of the Financial Services Division. The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or a related field with three (3) years of professional level experience in accounting, auditing, or finance and to have a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or be a CPA candidate. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories; of budgeting and auditing theories and techniques; of financial statements and reports; of accounting ledgers and journals; of procurement laws and regulations; of computer technology related to accounting systems; and of supervisory principles and practices. Ability to direct the work of others; to review and analyze financial records; to prepare financial reports and statements.
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills; ability to deal with and ability to work in a multi- cultural environment; strong organizational skills, thoroughness and attention to detail, as evidenced through prior experience; ability to set priorities and organize time efficiently; ability to handle multiple demands.
Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; effective supervision and of office management and practices, and public relations; analysis and use of technical data; computer skills in database, spreadsheet (working knowledge of Microsoft Excel), writing applications, and electronic communication; phone communication; coordinating multiple tasks simultaneously.
In response to COVID-19, the Commissioners of the Land Office offers a flexible work schedule consisting of workdays with core hours and flexible hours and allows an employee to complete his or her basic work requirement by determining his or her own schedule within the limits set by the agency.
General Ledger Accountant
Land Office Job Description
The Commissioners of the Land Office (Land Office) is an Oklahoma State Agency created by the original Oklahoma Constitution. The Land Office administers the school land trust funds for the production of income for the support and maintenance of the common schools and the schools of higher education. The Land Office is in charge funds and proceeds derived from the sale, rental, disposal and management of school lands and other public lands under the rules and regulations prescribed by the Oklahoma legislature.
This position will be assigned responsibility for general financial management assistance in planning and developing appropriate accounting systems and establishing necessary financial controls relating to the day-to- day accounting functions.
Illustrative examples of work:
The following represents the essential functions of this position. Additional duties may also be assigned and be essential to the successful performance of this position.
• Performs general ledger month-end procedures and compiles a comprehensive list of month-end financial reports for the division.
• Ensures that revenue and permanent cash entries are correct to guarantee the accurate distribution of the CLO apportionment to beneficiaries.
• Reconciles monthly treasurer reconcilement and the OMES form 11A by the end of the following month. Investigates discrepancies and takes proper action to make corrections.
• Reconciles CLO operating account balances with the amounts maintained by the Oklahoma State Treasurer.
• Prepares transfer instructions for the monthly college/university apportionment, gas marketing and CLO fees.
• Prepares monthly disbursement order for PB and GR distributions as mandated by the legislature.
• Reviews and enter all approved journal vouchers into CLO database.
• Reviews the agency escrow accounts (regular/oil and gas) to determine if funds should remain in escrow, be paid out or be transferred to another account by working with divisions to determine how the funds should be applied.
• Records, maintains and regularly monitor a spreadsheet with disposition entries describing the status of escrow items. An update of escrow items should be given to management monthly.
• Reconciles other agency minerals general ledger accounts to prepare disbursement orders each month. Prepares and enters journal vouchers for CLO fee earned for managing other agency’s mineral assets.
• Manages, adjusts and prepares depreciation schedule for capital asset inventory each fiscal year.
• Monitor escrow deposit accounts and transfer funds each month for commercial real estate capital and operating expenses.
• Assist CFO and assistant director in tracking and reporting of commercial real estate investments. Determine percentage of expense/income breakouts of each property to determine net revenues for each property/fund.
• Develop division policies and procedures to improve efficiencies and operations.
• May be as assigned other duties by the division director.
The Land Office is an equal employment opportunity employer. All individuals are welcome to seek employment regardless of race, sex, color, age, national origin, genetic information, religion, or disability, so long as the disability does not render the person unable to do the work for which employed. The position offered is “at will” or unclassified employment.
Veteran's Preference Points apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.