The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Group Management Specialist with Employees Group Insurance Division (EGID). This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $54,000 based on education and experience.
Position is responsible for interfacing with employer group coordinators, administration staff, and members. Each employer group is assigned a personalized Group Management Specialist who provides hands on assistance, hosts option period trainings, and represents the Employee Groups Insurance Division (EGID).
Group Management also prepares and presents all meetings for former employees and their dependents and all Medicare members and dependents. Specialist shall be able to create and develop material to include PowerPoint Presentations, member notifications, and marketing flyers. Specialist also assist in enrolling new employer groups, answering the coordinator’s questions on eligibility, benefits and special requests, as well as, attending conferences, group conferences and wellness fairs on behalf of HealthChoice.
• Represents the EGID Division and HealthChoice by training and conducting onsite and virtual option period coordinator meetings, spring training coordinator meetings, active member meetings, and former employee and Medicare member meetings. Responsible for facility accommodations, meeting materials and prior preparation for each of these meetings.
• Provides assistance to State, Education, and Local government employees and employer groups in enrolling in health, dental, life, and vision benefits offered through the EGID. Educates members on completing required applications.
• Responsible for designated account assignments for new and established coordinators. Shall provide full service assistance to coordinators at all times.
• Receives calls from a designated phone loop. Group Management Specialists must be professional and knowledgeable of EGID rules and benefits. All calls shall be documented appropriately. Services to be provided include: answering calls, emails, physical mail, and/or voicemails according to the Group Management Communication Response Time procedure. Group Management assists employers with escalated claim issues and assists members when necessary.
• Execute workflows and exception requests in a timely and professional manner and refers to the appropriate departments when necessary. Follow-up on all requests to ensure the desired outcome was received.
• Should be able to present any insurance topic at any time without little notice.
• Remain current on all mandated trainings, including but not limited to HIPAA and Fraud, Waste and Abuse training and member services procedures.
• Responsible for extensive knowledge base to include assisting members with retirement questions and have the ability to successfully assist members with enrollment including vested/non-vested/defer/retire status. This includes being fluent in Medicare guidelines and EGID eligibility. Must be knowledge in knowing what benefits the member currently has and is eligible to take into former status.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the work day. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Extensive travel may be required.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.