|Date Opened||2/16/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Full or Part Time||
Email resume to:
Part-Time Temporary Janitor
#21-08-The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Maintenance Division for a Part-Time Janitor. The hourly rate for this position is $10.44. This position is open until filled.
Part time positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the care and cleaning of the Oklahoma Insurance Department building. The working hours of Shift 2 are from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. This is a part-time position that does offer state benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Daily cleaning of the internal of the building to include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning all hard surfaces, windows, and furniture/fixtures.
• Vacuuming of cubicles, offices, and common space starting at the close of business each business day.
• Cleans and sanitizes break area and restrooms, while keeping both supplied with paper, towels, soap, etc.
• Spot cleaning as needed.
• Retrieves and disposes of wastepaper basket contents from each cubicle and office daily.
• Sanitize common touch surfaces such as door handles and push bars, handrails, and elevator buttons daily.
• Sanitize conference room tables and conference chair handles once a day.
• There will also be weekly cleaning goals that will include dusting, wall cleaning, and floor buffing, furniture cleaning.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Basic knowledge of methods and procedures in cleaning and maintaining services for a commercial building. Training will be provided in completing more advanced tasks, such as the disposal of restricted or environmentally hazardous materials. The position will require standing, walking, bending, lifting and repetitive motions for a prolonged amount of time. Will need to be able to lift up to 75 pounds using correct bending and lifting methods.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma and at least six months of prior commercial cleaning experience is preferred.
NOTE: Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent, adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is regulated by the department must surrender their license and terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits o ffered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Office of Human Capital Management benefits page at https://omes.ok.gov/services/employee-benefits EEO/AA
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.