A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services is seeking a full time Chief Technology Officer. This position would serve the Employees Group Insurance Division. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
This position is assigned responsibilities in leading and growing the IT capabilities and utilization of an assigned agency. The CTO is a passionate, business-oriented technology leader who can provide strategic leadership and management in the design and development of major technical initiatives supporting their assigned agency. The CTO is a single point of contact for the agency and operational items. They will be able to converse about technical details with the supporting technical teams and provide executive level strategic, technical, and operating expertise and guidance to their customer. The CTO will play a critical role in the development of the company’s business strategy including but not limited to supporting customer acquisition and satisfaction, product roadmap development, and infrastructure and platform development.
• Set technical vision and roadmap for assigned agency. This includes maintaining knowledge of the system infrastructure, application portfolio, IT budget, security standards, regulatory requirements, operational procedures, etc.
• Act as single point of escalation for all IT related items at assigned agency including IT strategy, budget, resources, and issue resolution.
• Keep up to date on current OMES offerings to connect agency with viable IT solutions.
• Create and maintain timelines for development and deployment of technology services ensuring that agency’s needs are met.
• Monitor Key Performance Indicators and metrics affecting agency; engage technical team as needed to meet goals or address issues.
• Manage IT budget in conjunction with assigned agency and OMES leadership.
• Work with OMES security to reduce risk of breach and protect sensitive digital information.
• Respond to feedback from stakeholders and use it to make improvements or adjustments to technology.
• Deploy and implement a business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
• Provides supervision, coaching, and mentoring to team members to enhance their ability to perform their job duties and facilitate their professional development.
• Research any new technologies that may potentially increase organization’s ability to effectively serve customers
• Performs all other duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Requirements include seven years of experience in information technology, five years of which must be in a supervisory, team lead, or project manager capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in computer science or management information systems course work for each year of the required experience excluding the required supervisory, lead, and/or project management experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• Previous work experience as a Chief Technology Officer or another similar leadership role.
• Project management experience preferred.
• Knowledge of information security preferred.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.