|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||1/25/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$2,110.40, Bi-Weekly ($54,871.83, annually) plus shift diff $2.88 per hour|
|Full or Part Time||
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: All applicants will need to send resume to The Ardmore Veterans Center. OKLHOMA DEPT. OF VETERANS AFFAIRS or E-mail Resume to: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ardmore Veterans Center/ HR OFFICES
1015 S. Commerce Street
Ardmore, Oklahoma 73402
Margaret Cook, HR Manager, Margaret.Cook@odva.ok.gov
All applicants will need to send resume to The Ardmore Veterans Center.
OKLHOMA DEPT. OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
or E-mail Resume to:
REGISTERED NURSE -2607; NIGHT SHIFT
Salary: $2,110.40, Bi-Weekly ($54,871.83, annually) plus shift diff $2.88 per hour
The RN III is assigned responsibilities for providing direct or indirect professional nursing services in a variety of settings. This includes providing nursing assessments, planning, interventions, evaluations, health related education, case management, and administering medications and other treatments.
The functions performed by employees in this position will vary but may include the following:
• Assess health status of individuals, families and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions and care.
• Evaluates and determines health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
• Delivers professional nursing care in an assigned unit or other setting following all Federal, State and agency policies and procedures.
• Educates individuals, families, communities and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
• Provides limited direction, instruction or guidance to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborates with other professionals in the management of health care.
• Delegates’ tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
• Assures quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and thorough assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
• Performs specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required at this level include knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of health promotion and disease prevention; of nursing management of available health care resources; of nutrition and diet therapy; and of the functions of various clinical departments. Ability is required to assist in the development, organization, and implementation of an effective nursing care plan/program; to provide education and training; to assess condition and needs of patients, families and communities appropriate to the care setting; to take appropriate intervention; to counsel and teach patients and families; and to provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care.
Knowledge of available health programs and resources; of federal and state rules and regulations concerning health services; of accreditation, certification and licensure standards; of preventive health practices; of principles and methods of teaching; of nursing standards; and of nursing policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
Requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and two years of professional nursing experience or the completion of the requirements for a bachelor’s degree in nursing may substitute for the required one year of experience.
As an employer of the State of Oklahoma, ODVA, OVC Ardmore is able to offer:
• Generous benefits allowance to off-set insurance costs
• Flexible spending
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days paid vacation
• 15 days paid sick leave
• Retirement savings plan with generous company match
• Longevity bonus for years of service
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.