|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/21/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/28/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $37,807.12 , based on education and experience .|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Administrative Assistant II support to the Medical Facilities division. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $37,807.12 based on education and experience.
This position provides administrative support for state licensure and federal non-long term care programs, by coordinating activities related to the licensure and Medicare application processes. This position also interprets and advises internal and external customers on rules, regulations and laws that relate to the Medical Facilities Service facilities. This position participates in the coordination of office functions and continuity to ensure staff have resources to meet federal and state mandated workload.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Trains other staff
• Assigns projects to staff as needed; develops and places in operation special procedures.
• Initiates correspondence requiring knowledge of agency or program procedures and policies.
• Develops and maintains confidential or complex files.
• Interprets and advises internal and external customers on departmental or program rules, regulations, and laws.
• Prepares invoices and payments of claims, requisitions, purchase orders and other fiscal duties.
• May supervise subordinate staff.
• Represents agency, supervising official, or program area at meetings, conferences, or civic organizations.
• Coordinates activities with internal and external customers.
• May establish educational and/or training programs.
• Interviews callers, arranges appointments, and handles office details.
• Enters and retrieves information using Personal Computer or other data processing equipment and receives and reviews coded and uncoded source documents; reviews data and makes routine corrections.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Plus knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
Education and Experience
Five years of technical clerical office work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valued Knowledge, skills and abilities
Knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and business English; of business mathematics; of modern office methods and procedures; of the maintenance of complex records; and of the major policies and procedures governing assigned programs. Ability is required to maintain effective working relationships with others; to handle confidential work; to interpret and handle routine matters in accordance with agency policy; and to follow oral and written instructions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of the job, employees are frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach. Travel may be required. This position is set in an office environment.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.