|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/21/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/28/2021 11:15:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $45,000.00, based on education and experience .|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Social Media Coordinator providing support to Office of Communications. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $45,000.00 based on education and experience.
Positions in this job family are responsible for copywriting press release and media advisories, researching, writing and managing social media outreach efforts on all social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Build and execute social media strategy through research, platform determination, audience identification and messaging.
• Monitor and, when needed, moderate user-generated content in line with the social media policy, values and mission of the agency.
• Create editorial and social media content calendars for the agency and area program managers when needed for health campaigns.
• Create press releases, media advisories, web content and social media content as requested.
• Interface with communications managers and website manager to effectively deploy and manage social media campaigns in conjunction with the agency’s public health campaigns and overall communications plan.
• Collaborate with program areas to manage social media content and online reputation.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 2 years working in communications and/or public relations; a bachelor’s degree is required. Excellent writing, research and communications skills are required. Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a copywriter is a plus.
Valued Knowledge, skills and abilities
Tactics and execution
Understand how content works on a social web
Optimizing content and technology
Be on top of the latest digital marketing trends
Must possess excellent professional judgement when responding to sensitive subjects on social media platforms
Physical Demands and Work Environment
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.