A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is dedicated to providing excellent service, expert guidance, and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly-qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible. Achieving this mission takes a collaborative, agile, respectful team with humble leaders who make a difference and get things done.
For more information about OMES, please visit our website.
OMES is seeking a full time Human Resources Coordinator. This is an unclassified position in state government, located in Oklahoma City. OMES offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here].The annual salary for this position is based on education and experience.
The purpose of this position is to plan, direct, and coordinate the administrative functions of the organization.
• Responsible for developing strategic business partner relationships by working with agency leadership in understanding and supporting their organizational needs.
• Provide consultation and guidance regarding human resources transactions, policies, procedures, Merit Rules, State and Federal laws, and Human Resources best practices.
• Serve as a resource to employees and leadership in HR practices including FMLA, ADA, Leave, FLSA, EEOC, etc., and coordinate efforts between employees, managers and other departments in the management of FMLA, workers compensation, disability, and reasonable accommodation.
• Serve as Benefit Coordinator and Retirement Coordinator. This position is the initial point of contact for employee’s benefits and retirement programs.
• Manage and advise management regarding employee performance and discipline issues. Maintain accurate timeline of discipline and provide to agency leadership as requested.
• Provide training on a variety of human resources topics for leadership and employees as needed.
• Coordinate with the HR Specialist the HR Assistant the hiring process in its entirety.
• Run various PeopleSoft reports for agency leadership and other departments as requested.
• Conduct new hire orientation and complete data entry when needed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required. May assist and/or attend recruiting events. Ability to stand for 6-8 hours when attending recruiting events, occasionally lift 20lb. paper and be able to sit or perform duties on a computer for 6-8 hours.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, sociology or other related field
• Three years of experience in professional level human resources
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• A master’s degree
• Professional experience in state government human resources
• PHR/SHRM-CP/IPMA-HR SCP
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.