|Department||State Bureau of Investigation|
|Date Opened||1/21/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/4/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Applicants meeting the job requirements may apply by submitting a cover letter, resume, and college transcripts no later than 4:00 PM on the date of the application deadline to:
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
Attn: Jarod Murphey
6600 North Harvey Place
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
This position is located in the Information Technology Services Division at OSBI Headquarters in Oklahoma City, OK.
ANNUAL SALARY: $60,000.00
This position assists the Network and Security Administrator with hardware and software infrastructure for OSBI system and network security. Protected systems include both custom-developed and commercial off-the-shelf applications. This position helps with day-to-day network and security operations for a medium data center and provides operational support for Microsoft and Linux operating systems, application servers, and technical infrastructure in accordance with standard operating procedures. Work includes helping to develop processes, operating procedures, and project plans to implement and help achieve OSBI Information Technology (IT) objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs tasks as assigned by the Network and Security Administrator, or in his/her absence by the IT Manager.
• Assists with designing and implementing all security-related functions for OSBI computer and network systems.
• Keeps current in basic technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols and standards.
• Provides some application support in regards to firewalls, routing, wireless networking, and unified communications systems.
• Monitors the network to ensure optimal performance and provide day-to-day support.
• Evaluates and recommends security improvements and system upgrades.
• Troubleshoots hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues.
• Assists with the design, implementation and administration of the network and security portions of Data Protection, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Failover plans. As needed, assists other IT sections with their portions of the same.
• Supports users with a variety of third-party and custom law-enforcement applications, such as the OSBI’s case management system.
• Exercises strong organizational, customer service and problem-solving skills.
• Works with in-house IT support for planning and implementing new roll-outs or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
• Responsible for maintaining warranty and maintenance contracts on all related network and security equipment.
• Maintains proper licensing for all network and security equipment and applications.
• Monitors functions of OSBI network systems internal and external to the OSBI to ensure appropriate levels of operations.
• Researches and makes recommendations regarding improvement and acquisition of network and security infrastructure.
• Works with vendors to provide quotes for new acquisition and renewals.
• Coordinates security related activities with team members.
• Attends meetings as required.
• Performs other duties as related to information technology systems.
• Travel to regional facilities within the state is occasionally required.
Must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field or eight (8) years of experience in Networking and Security.
Security + and Network + certifications are required. Knowledge and/or experience using Juniper is preferred.
Successful applicants who are not current employees of the OSBI must be willing to submit to a drug screen, polygraph examination, psychological evaluation (commissioned positions only), and a thorough background investigation. Certain events automatically disqualify an applicant, such as, felony conviction; admission of an undetected crime that, if known, would have been a felony charge; failure to pay federal or state income tax; positive confirmed drug urine test; illegal use of a controlled substance within certain time frames.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.