|Date Opened||1/20/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/3/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$2550.83-$3401.08 per month|
|Full or Part Time||
How to Apply: On board state employees with the Oklahoma Military Department:
Contact Shaleen Varner at Shaleen.email@example.com or Fax: 405-606-7262.
All other applicants follow online process below.
This position is located at the Tulsa ANG Base in Tulsa, OK.
This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee. The employee will receive a benefit allowance to assist with insurance cost. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving fire protection, firefighting, and rescue duties at a state airfield or airport. This includes training other employees and providing guidance, assistance, and direction to others during firefighting operations or in performing maintenance and other activities.
• Serves as member of a firefighting and rescue crew while under the supervision of the Assistant Chief of Operations: Maintains National Registry Emergency Medical Responder level (or higher) certification. Maintains a license and qualification on each assigned fire department vehicle.
• Respond to and mitigates various incidents including: aircraft emergencies, structural fire alarms, medical emergencies, and hazardous materials. Participates in contingency response: Responds in accordance with Department of Defense, Air Force, FAA and Tulsa International Airport guidelines.
• Performs standbys for high risk situations. For example: flying operations, hot refuel of aircraft, and confined space entry.
• Inspects and maintains firefighting equipment and facilities. Performs inspections and maintenance according to established schedules. Provides notification of deficiencies to responsible individual.
• Keeps computer based logbook current, dispatches crews, and performs operator maintenance according to established schedules.
• Conducts inspections according to established procedures and schedules. Accomplishes all required reports. Performs personal familiarization walk through of different facilities. Responds to base personnel inquiries on fire safety codes and regulations. Issues burn and welding permits in accordance with fire department policy.
• Training: Maintains a 90% currency level for scheduled proficiency training. Receives at least 6 hours of documented training per month either from an instructor or self-study. Conducts training as required. Conducts all training in accordance with fire department standards.
• Participates in mandatory fire department physical fitness program.
• May perform as the Incident Commander, when first to arrive at an emergency until relieved by higher authority.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of standard fire prevention and protection theory; of techniques and practices relative to various types of fires; of techniques of various rescue operations; of specialized firefighting techniques relative to aircraft fires; of special fire protection safety equipment such as self-contained breathing apparatus; of the incident command system; of emergency medical care; of operator maintenance on fire equipment; and of fire protection inspection theory, techniques and procedures. Ability is required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to follow written and oral instructions; to evaluate emergency situations and adopt effective courses of action; and to maintain order among groups in emergency situations
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• Previous experience in Fire & Emergency Services is desired.
• Completion of all certifications prior to employment is preferred.
Minimum Required Certifications:
• Firefighter I/II (IFSAC)
• HAZMAT Operations
Additional Certifications (To be completed within 12 months of hire):
• Airport Firefighter (IFSAC)
• Driver/Operator Pumper (IFSAC)
• Driver/Operator ARFF (IFSAC)
• Driver/Operator Mobile Water Supply (IFSAC)
• Emergency Medical Responder (or EMT)
Working Hours Requirement:
Successful applicant will be required to work or be in an approved leave status for 212 hours within 28 consecutive days. Normal shift work is 24 hours on and 48 hours off.
• Must pass Occupational Task Evaluation Physical Ability Test (NFPA 1582)
o The test is Pass/Fail.
• Must pass Occupational Task Evaluation Medical Exam
• Application submission
• Oral board interview
• Conditional offer of employment
Conditions of Employment
• Employment is in the unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable NCIC/OSBI background check
• Contingent on passing a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• Contingent on a favorable medical health exam (NFPA 1582)
• Contingent on passing the Occupational Task Evaluation Physical Ability Test (NFPA 1582)
• T3 security clearance (eligibility for national security positions shall be granted only to persons who are U.S. citizens)
• Available to work if called in due to an emergency
• Considered essential personnel (work during inclement weather)
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license
• Shift work or be in an approved leave status for 212 hours within 28 day period.
• Tobacco and Vape free facility
• Non-Exempt FLSA status
Location: This position is located at the Tulsa ANG Base in Tulsa, OK. Travel may be required at the expense of the employee to be reimbursed within 45 days of travel.
Employment eligibility verified through e-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access.
THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
State of Oklahoma properties are smoke-free and vape-free therefore, the use of any and all tobacco products including, but not limited to, cigarettes, pipes, smokeless tobacco, other tobacco products, electronic cigarettes/vaping devices or any other product packaged for smoking or the simulation of smoking (regardless of nicotine content) is prohibited on all State properties.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.