Beavers Bend State Park in Broken Bow, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||1/20/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/22/2021 12:45:00 PM|
|Salary||$26,380, plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please indicate the job title and location that you are applying for with Tourism.
Resumes will be accepted until January 27, 2021 at 5PM.
DESK CLERK III
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities.
OTRD is seeking a full-time unclassified Desk Clerk III to provide guest services at Lakeview Lodge part of Beavers Bend State Park in Broken Bow, OK. OTRD offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $26,380.
Under general direction, greets arriving guests, checks guests in an out of accommodations, assigns rooms, takes reservations and provides information about facilities.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Answers telephones, takes messages and provides information about lodge facilities.
• Checks guests into accommodations, assigns rooms and establishes guest accounts.
• Posts charges to guest accounts, including necessary corrections and transfers.
• Collects for charges, processes credit card vouchers and closes guest accounts.
• Reconciles and balances shift accounts.
• Receives and processes walk-in and phone-in reservation requests.
• Schedules and coordinates activities of other Desk Clerks to maintain coverage at all times.
• Assists in the training of all Desk Clerks and provides shift supervision of them.
• Prepares and supervises preparation of various reports and makes management recommendations based on them.
• Takes necessary action to maximize occupancy including time cancelling no show reservations.
• Performs night audit as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of basic arithmetic, general accounting and front desk accounting procedures. Knowledge of front desk procedures and lodge facilities. Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles. Must possess excellent customer service skills, be able to satisfactorily deal with the public (both in person and over the phone) and resolve minor complaints.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate AND Three (3) years of experience at a hotel front desk or in a customer service related position.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.