|Department||Department of Wildlife Conservation|
|Date Opened||1/20/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/7/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Must apply online.
Contact the Human Resource Office with questions: Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, (405) 521-4640.
Full time employees must submit a Letter of Application to the Human Resource Office.
Please attach a transcript to your application; your application will not be considered without an attached transcript.
Applications will be reviewed and the best qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to a background check and a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use before appointment.
Appointment to this position will be contingent upon a negative drug test result. Must be a U. S. Citizen or Alien authorized to work in the United States.
A list of current openings can be found on the Department website at www.wildlifedepartment.com
At the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation (ODWC) we are guided by our passion for wildlife, wild spaces and the women and men who love the outdoors. It is our mission to manage and protect fish and wildlife, along with their habitats, while also growing our community of hunters and anglers, partnering with those who love the outdoors, and fostering stewardship with those who care for the land.
We are proud to work in one of the nation’s top five states for recruiting, retaining and reactivating hunters, anglers and outdoor enthusiasts. ODWC is renowned for being a top place to work in the state, and we are seeking people who share our love for the outdoors, our high degree of professionalism and our passion for serving our customers.
Working at ODWC provides the opportunity to participate in a fun and rewarding environment among some of the nation’s best biologists, game wardens, outdoor educators and administrative professionals. People in our ranks are making a real difference in conserving our state’s natural resources and outdoor traditions. We hope you will consider joining our team.
ODWC offers excellent state benefits with a generous benefit allowance and longevity payments. We match your 5% payroll deducted contribution to the Defined Contribution Retirement Plan with 6% that increases to 8%, 10%, and 12% at 5, 10, and 15 years of experience, respectively. You will accrue 15 days annual leave and 10 days sick leave per year as well as 11 paid state holidays yearly.
Standard work hours are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, with flex schedules available. Our office is easily accessible from anywhere in the Oklahoma City metro area, has free private parking and is conveniently located on the EMBARK bus route with a stop in front of our building.
Stop by to see our three-story waterfall and wildlife scenery in our main entry and learn more about how you could be a part of our team.
Position: Property Assistant
Location: Central Office, 1801 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Summary of Job Duties:
Under the direct supervision of the Property Manager, is responsible for processing all incoming and outgoing mail. Perform miscellaneous clerical duties as assigned. Sort, open and distribute all incoming mail. Prepare all incoming checks for validation. Affix postage and bundle outgoing mail and place in mail containers. Order and recommend requisitioning of office supplies. Maintain and stock office supplies. Key operator for copy machines, fax machine and letter folder/inserter machine. May take mail to and from Post Office. Assist Property Manager with support staff duties as needed. Assist employees with uniform and fleet management questions and other needs as applicable.
Must have the ability to lift, carry, and push/pull etc., light weight to medium-heavy weight equipment, materials or supplies. Must have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. May require working in an awkward, reaching or strained position, and standing or sitting for prolong periods. Requires visual attention and concentration. Must be able to operate a vehicle, 2/4 wheel drive, automatic or standard. Job requires heavy lifting.
• Process all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Validation of all incoming revenue received through mail services.
• Process all utility and miscellaneous claims for accounts payable for the Property Division.
• Prepare and maintain new purchase orders and change orders for Property Division.
• Prepare and maintain P-card.
• Assist with issuing, ordering and processing clothing and safety uniform purchases.
• Process and manage billing accounts such as FedEx, UPS, Xerox, Comdata and OMECorp.
• Assist with Comdata cards including processing overrides, canceling and ordering new vehicle cards.
• Order and maintain office supplies for headquarters; handle phone calls from Department personnel and suppliers.
• Process and maintain the auction mailing list.
• Responsible for data entry and reconciling of vehicle reports for all divisions in ODWC vehicle application and composing the DCS Fleet Report.
• Purchase Requisitions.
• Inquire inventory and export inventory reports.
Must have the ability to:
• Lift and carry materials up to 50 pounds.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships, work independently, and be professional and courteous with the public, employees, and other agencies.
• Communicate clearly and effectively in public speaking situations and be able to express oneself clearly and concisely in writing.
• Use personal computer and various office equipment.
Education & Experience:
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Six (6) months related experience; mail room experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Requires skill in operating a personal computer and using other office machines. Prefer experience using MS Office. Must be able to work with others and follow instructions.
The Department will make all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions, terminations, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on grounds of age, race, color, creed or religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or other factors which cannot be lawfully used as the basis for an employment decision.
Applicant must upload a copy of their transcript to their application submission. No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.