|Date Opened||1/20/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/3/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
*Indicate which particular position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
MV Title Possessory Lien Lead
Salary: $50,627.26 annual
Positions in this job are assigned responsibilities for processing Title 42 packets (state’s possessory lien process) for the Motor Vehicle Division of the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
This is the specialist level of this job family where employees are assigned responsibility for reviewing problem or complex applications referred from Level I or Level II employees. Employees assigned to this level may also serve as a lead worker and provide functional supervision to Level I and Level II employees, and assisting management in the development of policies and procedures.
The functions performed by employees in this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
· Assists in training new and current employees;
· Manages work flow by assigning jobs out to team-members;
· Ensures assigned work is completed in a timely manner;
· Tests new processes for Online resources
· Responds to questions and inquiries via telephone, mail or in person from taxpayers and/or Motor License Agents (MLA’s) tag agents; provides routine interpretation of state and federal tax laws or refers more complex questions to the appropriate division personnel; assists taxpayers and tag agents in complying with the law.
COMPLEXITY OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of
o Public and business administration;
o Analytical principles;
o Modern office methods and procedures, including computer technology related to accounting systems.
o OneLink system
· Ability is required to
o Work independently with limited instruction/supervision;
o Deescalate situations with concerned or angry taxpayers;
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
o Communicate effectively;
o Create and meet simultaneous timelines for multiple projects;
o Serve as primary contact for high-volume customers
· Skills in
o Strong computer skills;
o Exceptional attention to detail
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of:
· A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or public administration, or related field; PLUS two (2) years of bookkeeping, auditing, accounting, or similar field;
· OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who:
· Are proficient in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel;
Telework may be required based on the needs of the agency, division, and section. If applicable, applicant must be willing and able to BOTH work on-site and telework at an off-site location, generally in the applicant’s home. Applicant must have a secure internet connection and a dedicated telephone (landline) or smart phone device during scheduled working hours.
Applicant must be willing and able to perform all job related travel normally associated with this position.
Employment with the Oklahoma Tax Commission offers benefits, which include medical, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, medical and health care reimbursement programs, retirement plan, deferred compensation plan, paid holidays, and longevity payments. Employees are provided a benefit allowance to spend toward their benefits. Employees earn three weeks annual and three weeks paid sick leave in the first year of employment.
The Oklahoma Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.