|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/19/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/2/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $41,587.70 based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking full time Administrative Assistant II providing support to Harper County Health Department. This is a classified position (PIN#34001129) in state government. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $41,587.70, based on education and experience.
This job is announced as a Level I and Level II; please apply to each level for which you would like to be considered.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
The functions within this job family will vary by level and organization, but may include the following:
• Trains other staff
• Assigns projects to staff as needed; develops and places in operation special procedures.
• Initiates correspondence requiring knowledge of agency or program procedures and policies.
• Develops and maintains confidential or complex files.
• Interprets and advises internal and external customers on departmental or program rules, regulations, and laws.
• Prepares invoices and payments of claims, requisitions, purchase orders and other fiscal duties.
• May supervise subordinate staff.
• Represents agency, supervising official, or program area at meetings, conferences, or civic organizations.
• Coordinates activities with internal and external customers.
• May establish educational and/or training programs.
• Interviews callers, arranges appointments, and handles office details.
• Enters and retrieves information using Personal Computer or other data processing equipment and receives and reviews coded and uncoded source documents; reviews data and makes routine corrections.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and business English; of business mathematics; of modern office methods and procedures; of the maintenance of complex records; and of the major policies and procedures governing assigned programs. Ability is required to maintain effective working relationships with others; to handle confidential work; to interpret and handle routine matters in accordance with agency policy; and to follow oral and written instructions.Plus knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
This position is set in an office environment.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing administrative support for program areas and support functions, or serve as an assistant to, or provide administrative support to an administrator or an official. This may include supervising an administrative or clerical unit, responsibility for an administration program providing various services to agency customers, and similar duties and responsibilities. It may also include responsibility for supervising an assigned staff of administrative technicians in performing duties involving the processing of applications for various types of permits or licenses, maintaining various records, preparing correspondence or other materials, and similar activities.
The Administrative Assistant job family consists of two levels, which are distinguished, based on the level of complexity of specific job assignments, the extent of responsibility assigned, and the level of expertise required for the completion of assigned projects.
At this level duties and responsibilities will be at all levels of complexity. Employees will coordinate activities both internal and external to the organization or program and may supervise others in performing various administrative duties or other activities.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of five years of technical clerical office work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application. No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Scores based on: 100% Evaluation of Education and Experience listed on the supplemental questionnaire.
***NOTE: Names of eligible applicants can be made available to State agencies upon their request, immediately following the closing date and time.