|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||1/15/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||Up to $90,000, based on education and experience .|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. The mission of the Department of Health is to promote, protect and improve the health of all Oklahomans through strategies that focus on preventing disease and injuries.
OSDH is seeking a full time Advanced Practice Registered Nurse providing support to the Atoka, Bryan, Choctaw, Coal, Latimer, LeFlore, McCurtain, Pittsburg, and Pushmataha County Health Departments. This is an unclassified position (PIN #34000092) in state government, located in McAlester, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance [click here]. The annual salary for this position is up to $90,000 based on education and experience.
This position is responsible for provision of advanced health care to individuals, families or groups as an expert clinician in a multi-county area. Duties include the assessment of individual health, analyzing data to determine medical and nursing care needed, planning a treatment strategy to meet identified needs and evaluating responses to nursing and medical interventions. In addition, this position will serve to meet the expanded need in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide independent advanced primary, secondary or tertiary health care for individuals, families or groups at an advanced clinician level for a multi-county area.
• Assess individual health.
• Analyze data to determine a strategy to meet identified health care needs.
• Evaluate responses to interventions and make changes in care treatment as needed.
• Performs comprehensive physical examinations and secures health histories.
• Performs or orders lab tests.
• Conducts invasive procedures including but not limited to pelvic exams; breast exams; insertion of long acting reproductive contraception and sub dermal contraceptive implants.
• Prescribes pharmaceuticals.
• Counsel patients, family members and others related to health problems, prescribed treatments and use of pharmaceuticals and procedures.
• Reviews and analyzes lab tests, x-rays and other diagnostic data.
• Provides a higher level of expertise in diagnosis and treatment modalities.
• Consults and collaborates with physicians or other providers as needed related to patient care.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Education and Experience:
Possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a Registered Nurse by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, recognition as a certified Advanced Practice Nurse by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, and four years of experience as a Registered Nurse.
*Approval for prescriptive authority requires current licensure in Oklahoma as a Registered Nurse and as a Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP), Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), or Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) within 60 calendars days of the entry on duty date. The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse must hold a graduate degree at an advanced practice level or a post-master’s certificate at an advanced practice level if the master’s degree is in nursing, in order to be eligible for initial application for prescriptive authority.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and chemistry; of medical diagnosis techniques, methods and procedures; of methods of organization, management and public administration; of agency policies and procedures; of grant or contract program requirements; and, federal and state laws and regulations relating to administration of programs. Ability is required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and collaborate as an effective team member; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; exercise sound independent judgment; analyze and resolve highly complex situations; conduct physical examinations and health assessments; and, provide advanced specialized nursing care and/or medical care to include writing prescriptions or be eligible to apply for prescriptive privileges.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Combination of office and exam offices.
• May be exposed to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, and medicinal preparations.
• Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, pushing, and reaching.
• This position requires long period of sitting, standing, and daily use of computer and phone.
• Work related travel required. Applicant must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|