Cherokee Landing State Park in Park Hill, OK
|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||1/15/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/29/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$26,857 annually, plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email please indicate the job title and location that you are applying for with Tourism.
Resumes will be accepted until January 29, 2021 at 5PM
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities.
OTRD is seeking a full-time unclassified Maintenance I to provide maintenance repairs at Cherokee Landing State Park in Park Hill, OK. OTRD offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $26,857.
Under the supervision of the Park Manager performs semiskilled and skilled tasks in one or more of the building trades. Incumbents perform semiskilled and skilled tasks involving the general maintenance and upkeep of facilities on state-owned property including buildings, plumbing, heating, electrical and other systems and equipment or machinery; may assist skilled craft workers such as carpenters, electricians, painters and other technicians in completing assigned tasks. Incumbents may also provide functional supervision to laborers, inmates or students assigned as helpers.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
• Erects, maintains and repairs various types of buildings, sheds, scaffolds, forms, frames, fences and other structures; alters, repairs and maintains doors, floors, partitions; stairways, windows, screens and miscellaneous wooden fixtures; fits and glazes glass in windows and doors; maintains and repairs various types of roofs.
• Installs, maintains and repairs valves, faucets, traps, sinks, wash bowls, water, sewage, gas, air and steams lines, bends, cuts, reams and threads pipe using stocks and dies, power threaders and power saws; cleans and maintains various hand and power tools; installs, maintains and repairs wiring, power appliances, light fixtures, receptacles and switches; replaces light bulbs; utilizes standard and specialized electrical test apparatus such as voltammeters, ammeters and ohmmeters.
• Constructs and maintains concrete and other foundations for buildings, machinery and equipment; mixes mortar and lays common brick, face brick, cinder block, concrete block and stone; constructs forms and mixes and finishes concrete.
• Prepares new and old surfaces for finishing by use of sandpaper, burners, scrapers, brushers and sanding machines; putties, plasters, caulks or otherwise fills and repairs cracks and holes; applies finish by brush roller or spray gun.
• Operates trucks and other motorized vehicles in performance of assigned duties; performs minor maintenance on motorized vehicles.
• Contacts service providers to coordinate projects.
• Cleans and maintains tools, equipment and facility.
• Supervises laborers, inmates and/or student helpers.
• Performs related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials and methods utilized in the building trades; and of the hazards and safety precautions of the building trades. Skill in following oral and written instructions and in performing building maintenance and repair.
Two (2) years of experience in one or more of the building trades; OR and equivalent combination of education/training and experience in the building trades.
In order to operate state-owned vehicles in the performance of regularly assigned duties; successful applicant must possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license at the time of appointment.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.